Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

need audio/sound help

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2005, 10:19 AM
Default need audio/sound help

hey guys, i hav a 99 civic.. i really wanna do sthg with the sound but dunno where to start.. someone care to help?
atm ive got default sound for everythg cept ive changed the stereo to a pioneer mp3 deck.

Old 04-03-2005, 01:22 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: need audio/sound help

personal opinion, although i dont know whaty kind of $ your dealing w/, if you have to get it peice by peice, i'd get sm realy gd spkrs next, and you can run your spkers in sequence with 2 per channle w/o dropping the resistace, for ex if you have rear deck mounting, after speakers then get an amp to power those speakers, then you top it with sub woofer, which can easily cost as much as the rest of the system combined

Old 04-05-2005, 06:46 PM
HCF Member

lol change out that poineer deck ..alpine ..

Old 04-05-2005, 08:47 PM
HCF Member

I had a pioneer deck and really liked it. Is that personal opinion or are you being for reals buddy? Also a q from me. Do I need to get an aftermarket head unit to get after market speakers?

Old 04-05-2005, 10:22 PM
HCF Member

no but it wont hurt........an aftermarket unit is going to put much much more power out to ur speakers. It will also give you the ability to play with the equalizer a LOT more. This way you can have it sound JUST like you want it.

Old 04-05-2005, 11:55 PM

I'd definately invest in a good set of aftermarket speakers first. Once you do that, I think its a matter of personal opinion. If you feel you have ample mids and highs at your usual listening volume, but you notice that the speakers crack when you try to add some bass, I'd say go for the sub. Depending on how much power you want thru your subs depends on how much you spend. If you want high wattage though, you definately will have to shell out some cash for a good sub amp. I think that a decent sub and amp combo will fulfill that bass you need and for the most part a good set of after market speakers will produce the mids and highs youre looking for. I think, later on down the road you can invest in a 4 channel to power the speakers, and probably a capacitor at that point just to protect your alternator. As far as brands go, alpine has some good stuff and so does infinity

Old 04-06-2005, 12:25 AM
HCF Member

its a bit of personal and not. your gonna be alot better off with a pioneer then sony or dual, but you can get alot better for the same price

if you are just replacing the speackers, you dont need an aftermarket unit. one of the good things about an aftermarket unit is the power, so its much better off if you replace the deck as well.

brands- PG, RF, JL, Blauhpunkt, Kicker, alpint