Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

My stock stereo sucks!

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2004, 11:11 PM
Default My stock stereo sucks!

Hi there.. I have a 2005 Civic EX, and the stereo that came with it sucks. The thing that grates on my nerves most is the highs - hissy, harsh, and artificial sounding, particularly CD's. I guess the question is this: If anyone else has experiened this, or just doesn't like the stock stereo sound, which sounds more likely to cure it - new speakers or a new head unit? I'd prefer to do speakers and keep the stock head unit, as it would seem less inviting to thieves and I don't want any broken windows.. But if new speakers don't help, then I suppose the head unit will have to happen (because I can't stand the way this thing sounds).

Also, anyone know what size fit the rear deck and doors (2005 EX Sedan)? Reccommendations?

Thanks,
Tim

Old 11-28-2004, 12:45 AM
Default RE: My stock stereo sucks!

It get ether of two it will sound a little better. But i would suggest eventually get all of them replaced. I'd say go with the speakers first then get the head unit.

Old 01-31-2005, 04:18 AM

definatly the deck, get rid of it and buy another performance one that isnt nice nice, but sounds better, then replace the speakers.

Old 01-31-2005, 09:52 AM
HCF Member

Yea, acura1 is right. A head unit is what will change the sound the most in your ride. Your stock speakers will be able to perform better with a decent head unit. You should go ahead and replace the speakers to. That way the head unit will really shine and so will your new speakers.

Old 07-22-2005, 01:51 PM

i too am looking to find out the speaker sizes in the doors and the rear deck
ORIGINAL: tjobrien21

Hi there.. I have a 2005 Civic EX, and the stereo that came with it sucks. The thing that grates on my nerves most is the highs - hissy, harsh, and artificial sounding, particularly CD's. I guess the question is this: If anyone else has experiened this, or just doesn't like the stock stereo sound, which sounds more likely to cure it - new speakers or a new head unit? I'd prefer to do speakers and keep the stock head unit, as it would seem less inviting to thieves and I don't want any broken windows.. But if new speakers don't help, then I suppose the head unit will have to happen (because I can't stand the way this thing sounds).

Also, anyone know what size fit the rear deck and doors (2005 EX Sedan)? Reccommendations?

Thanks,
Tim

Old 07-22-2005, 02:31 PM
HCF Member

take a look at the speakers......if theyre oval then they are 6*9's........if theyre round then theyre 6.5's. Oh and if u get a new headunit it wont attract theives........just pop off the faceplate......then no one will bother.