Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

LCD SCREEN & PS2

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2005, 12:01 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: LCD SCREEN & PS2

when that screen shows black..its gonna blotch up like no other []

Old 03-29-2005, 02:22 AM
HCF Member

that in dash is Junk. Thats a good example of flea market car audio

Old 03-29-2005, 06:09 PM

look at it...the brand is pyle and thats exactly what it is a pyle of shat!

Old 04-02-2005, 11:11 AM
HCF Member

get your monitor in the visor and the ps2 in the glove box

Old 04-05-2005, 02:40 PM

I have a dash mount 5.9" monitor by pixelon. Anyone ever heard of them?? Me either. As long as the unit is a tft, and not a tfn screen you will be fine. When a tft screen is only 5-7 inches, the quality will be supurb regardless of brand. Make sure it has a warranty if you're worried. I've had my screen for 14 months now, and have had no problem with it whatsoever. I also bought a dvd player that is seperate from my cd player, and the audio runs through my jvc deck so the audio is supurb as well. I spent 80 on the dvd unit, and only 110 on the screen. My screen could go out every year and it would still be cheaper than a nice in dash unit. And it won't go out every year I assure you. If you're worreid about a on dash unit being in the way don't be, unless you're a midget it won't even block your view, blends right in with the windshield wipers and hood. Hope this helps. As far as the slim ps2 be careful. Do you know how they made it so slim?? They took out the cooling fan. Those units need room to breathe, so if you put it in your glove box you'll probably need to keep it open while you're running it.

Old 04-05-2005, 03:29 PM
HCF Member

They took out the cooling fan.
Huh... so thats why those things heat up like the sun. What bad design. If I were to toss in a PS2 in my car I would go with the original simply because its easier to modify.

Old 04-05-2005, 06:09 PM

i'm putting a flip-out monitor and ps2 in this weekend that i'm getting from a buddy. i'll post pics when i'm done

Old 04-08-2005, 01:02 AM

post pics moss man

Old 04-10-2005, 12:16 AM

put it in your taillights!! haha jk...ive seen it done though down in miami a guy with a caprice on 24's had like 20 lcd screens in his car

Old 04-10-2005, 01:53 AM

I've put monitors in almost every part of cars you can think of. The funkiest job i did was a 3" lcd in the fuel door of a hummer. I guess so this fool could watch his Music DVD while he's pumpin gas. For you, however? It depends on who you want to see the tv. You said monitorS? Plural? If you have 5" stand alone monitors, I'd put them in the headrests if you ever have people in the back. If you just want a flip out? Go with a good name brand. In LCDs you get what you pay for. Alpine, Eclipse, Pioneer, Kenwood, Sony. They're all good now. I would never get that Pyle. My homie brought me one of those to put in his S10, and it looked like crap. If you just want the monitor with a DVD player (no navigation) go with the Alpine (I think it's) IVA-D300, or IDA-D300. The last four digits are D300, and I'm putting more of those in than any other non-nav unit. If you want Nav, the AVIC-N1 is cool. You can't watch dvd AND nav at the same time, but it's the least expensive combo unit at good quality. Also, try and get last year's models (2004 and older, maybe 2005). ALL of the new stuff being released will not let you watch DVD while the car is in motion if it is a flipout type monitor (in-dash). My manager just got back from a conference in Texas, and many mobile video companies are being sued from the idiots who kill people or die watching dvd and driving. Also, check out the double-din flush mount kenwood lcd/dvd. It's supposed to be tight, haven't done one yet, though.

Hope I could have been of some help.
Josh

Quick Reply: LCD SCREEN & PS2