Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

kick panel enclosures?

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2005, 12:45 AM
Default kick panel enclosures?

I was looking into getting a set of these for my civic. but, was wondering if, on the drivers side, would they cover a bit of the dead pedal or the entire thing? has anyone installed these or have them??

cnote

Old 03-23-2005, 01:53 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: kick panel enclosures?

done it but not for my civ tho... im not sure what ur asking..can u get more specific please

Old 03-23-2005, 02:43 AM

okay, what im asking is, how big are they? in the pics i have seen, they seem to stick out pretty far, possibly getting in the way of the spot to the left of the clutch (dead pedal, place to rest your foot other than clutch pedal)
does that make sense?? im pretty tired right now

Old 03-23-2005, 08:41 AM
HCF Member

Yes, they would. But you will be thanking yourself for getting 'em. They are designed to fire directly to you, making the drivers seat the sweet spot. Id go for it.

Old 03-23-2005, 11:46 AM

okay, i have heard that they make a big difference in sound quality (stereo imaging etc). I will have to think about this because the reason i initially wanted them was to avoid cutting a hole in my door for my tweeter...
remington: would i have to remove the "dead pedal" ? and obviously this would require some rewiring...
does anyone have a pic of these installed?? i am also worried about water or snow (im in canada :P) getting at the speakers depending on how far they stick out or what angle and what not...ugh, its too early for all this thinking! thanks for the input alls

cnote

Old 03-23-2005, 12:27 PM
HCF Member

Yes you will have to remove it, but you will be able to rest your foot comfortably where I circled in the pic. The dead pedal is not that hard to remove. Also, when you or if you already have an aftermarket radio, just run nice thick 12ga wire from the headunit to the new seakers... its really simple and fun and you will be very proud of yourself! BTW, the pic is for a 96-00 Honda Civic. Also you really wont have to worry about elements. As you can see the woofer is mounted towards the back, and there is a mesh screen behind the grill to pretect the driver even more.

[IMG]local://upfiles/1537/870B64BE31B64E1CA26E93A565F9FD0F.jpg[/IMG]

Old 03-23-2005, 01:20 PM
HCF Member

ahaha thanks rem..i didnt know thats could be such a hard ? at 3 in the morning ..i guess i was real tired

Old 03-23-2005, 01:30 PM
HCF Member

did the ole google. I first checked crutchfield and found it hard to navigate, then I googled and it gave me a picture from guess what?... CRUTCHFIELD <sigh>

Old 03-23-2005, 01:38 PM
HCF Member

wait a tick..i just realized i stop getting crutch..

Old 03-23-2005, 01:41 PM
HCF Member

yea... me too. Hmm, I might need to call them up. And speaking of that.. I havent got my Sound & Vision magazines in the past two months either! Hell no! They are getting a call.

Quick Reply: kick panel enclosures?