Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

JL AUDIO 12w0

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2006, 09:31 PM
HCF Member
Default JL AUDIO 12w0

JL AUDIO 12w0

what do u think of those subs...i can get a pair barely used in a box for $180

but will they sound cheap..

and they are 125 rms each but ill prob just get a 100 rms amp...will a 100x2rms amp be enough bass to back up my 80x4 rms speakers

Old 12-29-2006, 09:50 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: JL AUDIO 12w0

if powered right with a good encloser they will sound good just watch your gains

and a 100x2 amp will power 4 speakers but you wont have balance until you buy a true 4 channel

Old 12-29-2006, 09:57 PM
HCF Member

thay are not worth that, you can find slightly used W3's for that price

Old 12-30-2006, 09:52 AM
HCF Member

the 100x2 amp is for the subs i alreayd have a 4 channel amp for my speakres

ORIGINAL: dukat03

if powered right with a good encloser they will sound good just watch your gains

and a 100x2 amp will power 4 speakers but you wont have balance until you buy a true 4 channel

Old 01-04-2007, 06:53 PM
HCF Member

I run a pair of re-built JL W3 10's with a little BestBuy Fosgate 500 watter, and I dare someone to step to them, I can't hit max volume because my Cd player is ancient and it starts skipping before i get the gain up past 1/2.

However I do agree with the previous comment, I wouldn't go with anything less then W3's, they are tight, light, and last forever, and when you shatter them one day like I did, JL will send you 2 more if you send your old ones in for just 50 bucks plus shipping.

Old 01-04-2007, 08:54 PM
HCF Member

[align=left]ditto, might as well go W3's, great subs, im running two of them and couldnt be happier (happy to say i won bass off against 2 L7's, +1 for me!!) You wont get 2 in a box for 180 though, so that doesnt sound like a bad deal either if your looking for entry level.

###DONT cheap out on the amp (i.e. sony, pioneer P.acoustik) cheap power is sloppy power and sloppy power doesnt last, ask anybody who knows anything about car audio, generally if you cheap out, your going to be disappointed!####[/align][align=left] [/align]

Old 01-04-2007, 10:27 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: theonecalledtodd
[align=left]...........
###DONT cheap out on the amp (i.e. sony, pioneer P.acoustik) cheap power is sloppy power and sloppy power doesnt last, ask anybody who knows anything about car audio, generally if you cheap out, your going to be disappointed!####[/align][align=left][/align]
Search EBAY and get a CHEAP old school Rockfordfosgate Punch series amp.(the BATWING style)Cheap and good.

Old 01-05-2007, 01:23 AM
HCF Member

hey stuntmaster can i return any jl? cuz i have 2 12 w4s but i blew 1 and i want the same sub but there discontinued so i was woundering if i can return it and get another or the same w4?

Old 01-05-2007, 03:12 PM
HCF Member

I had 4 10w0. The sound was great. Any JL is good though.

Old 01-05-2007, 10:56 PM
HCF Member

First of all, the suggestion for the older Fosgate amp is right on, the batwing looking amps were very UNDERRATED, and most of them came with a certificate showing that the 500 watt amps weighed in with actual tests pushing somewhere upwards of 630 watts each. The first set up I had with my 10's was with one of these amps, I mounted a fan on it so it would keep it cool, and ran the fire out of it.

My new BestBuy fosgate amp is OVERRATED and probably supplies 3/4 of the power it claims to provide. When fosgate his the mainstream, the quality hit the floor, in my opinion.

If you have the money invest in one of those JL amps, or go all out and get some competition stuff, like MA audio, which is big around here in competition class. They have the Class D-mono amps rocking 1800 watts of continuious power, dual fans, lights, you name it they are hard core. Even though I haven't bought one yet, I will entertain the thought.

________

As for the returns, Yes I have since forgotten how I returned mine, I think I went through a local shop that sold and installed them. If you find a local shop that sells them give them a ring and tell them you want some info on it. Tell them you know someone who sent a set back and got them re-built for a discounted price. They basicly take your old baskets and magnets and put new guts in them. I can't be positive on the price I paid for them, but I know it was half if not less than the price of 2 new W3's, and they built the new ones better then the old ones !

Quick Reply: JL AUDIO 12w0