Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

installing a new head unit in a '00 civic

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2006, 04:55 AM
Default installing a new head unit in a '00 civic

If I were home I could answer this for myself but I'm out until next week. I need to purchase my new hu and have it waiting on my when I get back though so I need yall's help answering some questions.

Do I have to take off the whole dash to replace the hu or will that center peace come off by itself?

I'm also considering putting in an LCD and if I do this then I will need to make a fiberglass replacement piece for it all. Will I have to make a whole new dash or can I just replace that whole center section--where the air controls, vents, etc are--?

Old 07-18-2006, 05:46 AM
Default RE: installing a new head unit in a '00 civic

center peice comes out to replace it.. if you are running a normal size head with a full size lcd. put lcd in the normal head opening and put ur head deck below near the shifter.. you can custom make brackets yourself with just some parts from home depot..

Old 07-18-2006, 09:07 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: installing a new head unit in a '00 civic

i made a custome bracket for my in-dash t.v, but ya you have to take the plastic part off under the steering wheel, take the plastic piece next to that under your radio, take the glove box down, theres 2 bolts holding metal brackets that hold your c.d player in, look under the dash and you need to take thos off, then take the black trim around your c.d player off, pull and it pops off and everything should come out, just unplug the harness on the back of the radio..its a PAIN!!!! to get out, alot of work for a friggen radio, but once its in there its not coming out..you need to get a dash kit for the radio too for your car at a audio shop, or make a custome one like me