Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Infinity Kappa 63.7i

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2007, 10:13 PM
Default Infinity Kappa 63.7i

I have a 2004 Honda Civic Sedan EX. I know the Infinity Kappa 63.7i's won't fit perfectly because the tweeters are high. I want to put these in the front and back. Has anyone custom installed these speakers? Just wondering how hard it will be to get them to fit.

Old 02-19-2007, 02:50 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: Infinity Kappa 63.7i

ORIGINAL: andrew_b_hays

I have a 2004 Honda Civic Sedan EX. I know the Infinity Kappa 63.7i's won't fit perfectly because the tweeters are high. I want to put these in the front and back. Has anyone custom installed these speakers? Just wondering how hard it will be to get them to fit.
im not sure what you mean the tweeters are too high? you can put the tweeters wherever you want, as long as the wire is long enough....but tweeters dont sound good more than 12 inches away from the speaker itself though...in my 99 ex coupe, i had to shave the hole of the factory speaker to make the 6.5 inch infinity reference 6010 fit

Old 02-19-2007, 08:14 AM

I should have mentioned these are coaxial speakers. The tweeter extends out high from the woofer. Cruthfield.com told me that the speaker would fit the hole but I would have and issue getting the door panel back on because of the tweeter height. I was looking at maybe shaving down the inside of the door panel to allow the speaker to fit cleanly behind the factory door panel. I want to avoid cutting if at all possible.

Old 02-19-2007, 11:24 AM
HCF Member

I think if you could cut a perfect hole for the tweeter, prodived that the tweeter has some sort of protective covering, a screen mesh or what not over it, and mount the speaker so that only the tweeter is visible through the factory covers, it would be awesome looking, and perform just as well.

I would run some tests though to make sure you don't mess up the panel. Maybe get some cardboard and cut it to spec, then trace some holes and make sure you get the cardboard dead on, then lay it over your factory grille and trace it/cut it. A dremmel would be awesome for that type of job, cut it a little tight, then sand it to fit perfectly, dunno.

I would kind of like to try that myself, but I get crazy with a dremmel.