Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Ideas for my simple system?

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2005, 07:05 PM
Default Ideas for my simple system?

hey guys, whats up, im lookin to get a solid and loud set up. I dont want to add too much wieght to my car, so im going to stick with just 1x12 that really thumps. Anyone have any ideas on what to get? (moneys not really a problem, i figure i can save enough to get a good system). O, high power is a must too. Lets hear your ideas...

Old 01-19-2005, 08:38 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Ideas for my simple system?

Ok, here's what I will be runnin in my 93 soon. Audiobahn AW1206T 12" sub, can take up to 1100 watts rms, and an Audiobahn A2200HCT high current amp, which will be pumping 800 watts rms at 2 ohms in to the sub. I got my **** on ebay brand new for a good price. Also, the sub will go in a Q Logic ported box, a Tsunami 2 farad capacitor will be added. I my self didn't wanna add to much weight too the car, but I wanna sound good, and be herd!

Andrey

Old 01-19-2005, 11:01 PM

just like fast93civic said get an audiobahn amp. but i dont like their speakers. i have one eclipse titanium 12 being pushed by an audiobahn 1500hc amp. i have it bridged to one ohm so it is getting about 1200 watts. and it is very loud and i have trunk space (lots of it).

Old 01-19-2005, 11:49 PM
HCF Member

i have 1 12" HX2 in a custom ported fiberglass box powered by a little 200 watt RF amp @2 ohms. it sounds great. it doesnt shake the hell out of the cars around me, but it sounds good in my car and its loud enough to surprise people when i tell them its only one 12.

Old 01-20-2005, 08:34 AM
HCF Member

Ok you want light? Ill get you light. First start with the new components that MA Audio has out. They use neodymium magnets for less weight and mounting depth. These bad boys also use carbon fiber for their woofers. You can do the same with the 6x9's in the back. Then choose an amp that suits you , you preferably should get a monoblock that can at least go into 500 watts @ 2 ohms.
Then get the new subwoofers from Blaupunkt, yea thats right Blaupunkt has some new badass subwoofers out that arent just light, they are 2 inches thick!! Head units pretty much wiegh the same, go out and pick one that suits you. Avoid Pioneer and Sony especially unless youre looking at one that is $500.000 and up. Here are the links for all the shiznit Ive been talking about. The subs are cool be sure to read up on them. BTW the speakers handle a lot of paower and they are EXTRMELY efficient, they dont need as much power to produce certain volumes of sound as other speakers do.

Front Speakers: http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showd...number=267-150

Back Speakers: http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showd...number=267-148

Subwoofer(s): http://www.blaupunktusa.com/Blaupunk...er/ODw1200.htm

[IMG]local://upfiles/1537/115049A67A254476ACD93DE82460DDC9.jpg[/IMG]

Old 01-20-2005, 07:36 PM

crutchfeild has a sale on thier kicker L5's, i got a pair of 12's so i don't know what one would but i'm only running 600 watts rms to the pair and they are loudest i've ever owned and i've had audiobahn, memphis. rockford................... I'd get a 12 or even 15 and go with a custom made slot port box built to thier reccomadations if you want to be heard. I have mine in a 3 cube sealed box and its insane, i would hate to hear those things juiced up.

Old 01-20-2005, 09:40 PM
HCF Member

yea, but do you know how much weight you're adding to the car when you're having a custom 3 cubic ft box made for the car, like 60 lbs, + sub and amp.

Old 01-20-2005, 10:33 PM
HCF Member

yeah, but a good sub weighs at least half that much. i like Rem's suggestion on the subs. hey Rem, is that the same magnets (Neodymium) that were in the Kenwood Dualmags? i have those and i love them, but they stopped makin them now.

Old 01-21-2005, 02:10 AM

My friend just sold a fiberglass bandpass box with 3 Kappa Perfects, (we tested his system, and it was louder than 4 JL 12w7's).

Old 01-21-2005, 02:02 PM
HCF Member

Yes, they are. The reason why they dont sell so well it because those magnets are expensive. The typical moron wants loud bass. So they go out and score $100 subs. I have heard those subs and believe it or not, most likely one of the best subs I heard in awhile. Blaupunkt really out did themselves on that one. But I also suggested those because they are light! Look at the link and you will see.
Not only that, they save a huge amount of space, I believe they have infinite baffles ( the term "IB" [infinite baffle] basically means they can work without a box as long as each side is seperated so they dont mix frequencies i.e. a subwoofer in the back deck of a lexus) so you can mount a 10" in the frame of the honda (behind the tail light) if you did it right. How cool is that? MONSTER bass without the sight of a sub? If you ever wanted to see it, just peel the carpet back.

ROCK ON PADRES!

Quick Reply: Ideas for my simple system?