Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

i need help on neon light

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2007, 02:01 PM
Default RE: i need help on neon light

Is he say, in respect to my question about where to wire it from, that you can use the speakers? Just a further question, under the dash fuse box, I got that sorted but from where? There is like 20 fuses under there. Is there a spare port or something, or just run it off the fuse powering the head unit and clock?

Old 02-22-2007, 03:07 PM

No no, RIGHT thread...he said that he had a neon in the BACK by his SPEAKERS....simple solution...

Old 02-22-2007, 05:18 PM

Isnt neons in the back window illegal? or is that just an aussie thing. Here, you cant have any lights especially red and blue, visible from outside the car.I know that some cop is going to try throw the book at me for putting LEDs in the grills and vents. Not to mention im trying to tinge my headlights red. And dont get me started on UBs. Speaking of which, anyone done anyhting trickto headlights? Gotcolours in them or anything?

Old 02-22-2007, 05:31 PM

Technically yes. But so is putting ANYTHING over your license plate, IE smoked covers, decorative trim etc but everyone still does it.Yep its a registration violation. A citable offense...but is mostly used for probable cause to affect a traffic stop.

The neons in the window are a no no especially if they are blinking...but like I said above...people do all sorts of illegal things.

Personally I think it is more tasteful to have neons, or LED's under the seats and dash to kind of give you some accent/mood lighting type of effect.

To each his own...if you want to have that sort of thing in your car visible to others especially other drivers...better not have anything illegal in your car or on your person...because more than likely you will be stopped...