Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

I got this flip out monitor head unit

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2007, 04:47 PM
Default RE: I got this flip out monitor head unit

ORIGINAL: Sigracer10

ORIGINAL: ic892003

u can bypass it, go back to the guy and tell him to bypass the parking brake because u want it on while u can drive
i've never seen one that was able to bypass the parking brake by programming it, because itsa legality thing. they only way I know of to bypass them is to run a switch in line with the parking brake wire and hook the other side straight to a ground. that way, one side of the switch will allow the video to play while driving, and the other will not. That way in the incident that a cop pulls you over or whatever (i have heard of this happening on a few occasions) you can flip the switch so that it will not play the dvd. which results in no ticket. sounds crazy but i know people that this has happened to.
i had it that i played normally with and without the parking brake ....but i wonder if i connect the pink wire to another electric wire thats always on like my neons would it work?????

Old 08-27-2007, 04:58 PM
HCF Member

the pink wire just needs to be hooked up to a ground. so if you want it to play all the time just ground the pink wire to the chasis anywhere, or just to the ground wire in the radio harness.

Old 08-27-2007, 05:54 PM
HCF Member

here ya go

forum.ecoustics.com/bbs/messages/4/278797.html

iv'e used it and it works very well...use at your own descresion

on the jensens you have to use a switch or do this bypass once and your done

Old 08-28-2007, 06:39 PM

the pink wire just needs to be hooked up to a ground. so if you want it to play all the time just ground the pink wire to the chasis anywhere, or just to the ground wire in the radio harness.
thanx bro that thing actually worked

Old 08-28-2007, 07:01 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Vince22

i still recommend putting a switch in line with that pink wire just so that you can flip it and make it appear legal and display the you cant use this while driving message, then when you want to use it jsut flip the switch the other way and it will play

Old 08-29-2007, 01:59 AM

ORIGINAL: Vince22

i still recommend putting a switch in line with that pink wire just so that you can flip it and make it appear legal and display the you cant use this while driving message, then when you want to use it jsut flip the switch the other way and it will play
yeah ill conect it to my neon switch that way i can just pretend