Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

I got this flip out monitor head unit

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2007, 03:19 PM
Default I got this flip out monitor head unit

i have this Jensen flip out monitor that i sent to repair because i dont know what happend but it didnt sound. Now i got it back and it sounds but now my dvd doesnt sound and it has a problem on it because the screen turns blue and it says parking ....the dude told me i had a 10 day warranty i went back and he was gonna charge me fricken 10 bucks for that and i aint paying more since supposedly i had a warranty and before it wasnt like that ....so what should i do????

Old 08-27-2007, 03:21 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: I got this flip out monitor head unit

Your supost to hook the pink wire up to the parking break wire, it is illegal to drive with the screen playing a video while it is in the view of the driver. Once it is connected to the parking break read the manual and it tells you a sequence of how to make it play while the brake is engauged.

Old 08-27-2007, 03:22 PM
HCF Member

does the screen turn on when u drive and try to watch the movie?? or when ur ebrake is up

Old 08-27-2007, 03:23 PM
HCF Member

its simple, u have to ground the parking brake wire and add a switch

Old 08-27-2007, 03:30 PM

hmmmm i dont think it was conected like that before because before even if i did have the parking brake on it would still work and i conected everything the same way the dude from the store told me that he would code it with this remote he has....but i really dont want to pay those f***rs more money that i paid for fixing the radio

Old 08-27-2007, 03:31 PM

ORIGINAL: ic892003

does the screen turn on when u drive and try to watch the movie?? or when ur ebrake is up
it doesnt turn on it turns on for only one second but thats it

Old 08-27-2007, 03:37 PM

but before i was never stopped so i dont know i want it on....even when i drive i never look at it anyways it just looks nice

Old 08-27-2007, 03:57 PM
HCF Member

u can bypass it, go back to the guy and tell him to bypass the parking brake because u want it on while u can drive

Old 08-27-2007, 04:23 PM

u can bypass it, go back to the guy and tell him to bypass the parking brake because u want it on while u can drive
so theres no way i can do it myself cuz i already paid him 90 friken dollars to fix my radio before because it didnt sound ...and now that they gave it back to me and the dvd doesnt work i have to pay him 10 more for something he did??

Old 08-27-2007, 04:31 PM
HCF Member

i've never seen one that was able to bypass the parking brake by programming it, because itsa legality thing. they only way I know of to bypass them is to run a switch in line with the parking brake wire and hook the other side straight to a ground. that way, one side of the switch will allow the video to play while driving, and the other will not. That way in the incident that a cop pulls you over or whatever (i have heard of this happening on a few occasions) you can flip the switch so that it will not play the dvd. which results in no ticket. sounds crazy but i know people that this has happened to.

Quick Reply: I got this flip out monitor head unit