Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Honda Music Link

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2006, 09:14 PM
Default Honda Music Link

Has anyone installed/used this device?

I just bought an ipod nano and a Musc Link from two different vendors. I will use the ipod regardless, but I just saw some bad reviews of the music link and am getting scared I wasted my money. It appears to go against common logic to operate the thing. I've heard you can't scroll through your albums, but rather it continually randomizes everything it plays. This seems stupid. Is this true?

Help please!!!!! Tell me I didn't waste $150

Have you used this device and are you happy with it?

Old 08-03-2006, 09:50 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Honda Music Link

i think ebay is in your future...

Old 08-04-2006, 12:32 PM

Well, I did some research of my own and found this product as well:

http://www.mp3yourcar.com/

There's a neeto 4 min video on the above page that actually talks about the product and then demos an actual install in an S2000.

It seems like it has received good reviews (depending on what car it's installed in). Its compatible with the new Hondas from what I can tell. However, at $199, its a pricey option. I would not use anything (for $200) that didn't have a track record. Has anyone else used this product?

I also found this product... It seems to be the same concept, but much cheaper (at $130+): http://www.icarkits.com/ Both this and the above product claim the ability to control your ipod while it charges, etc... Just like the Music Link.

On a side note, I got the dealer who sold me the music link to cancel the order prior to it being shipped.

Old 08-04-2006, 12:47 PM
HCF Member

Not sure about any of those, but I purchased the Monster iCruze because I have a stock stereo and they work with them.. I have a few qualms about it - if you go really fast with the next track button and then stop, the song will start to play, then after about 2 seconds start over - I think it has something to do with the ipod catching up with the icruze? and it puts the ipod into docked mode, so you can use the scroll wheel to select tracks, so if you have a lot of tracks on a playlist it can be a pain to get to a song you want.. and I also got the LCD screen, which is styled nicely, but the artist and song title don't scroll.. so if it is a long title it just shows the first few characters.. --- but other than that I like it.. The first 2 qualms I don't really care about because 99% of the time I have it on random and just let it play...

Oh, and I got it on a great sale about 1yr ago and the sale was $100 for the package when if I bought it seperately it was going to be $300... found them from a link on Apple's website..