Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

HELP A.S.A.P Installing Head Unit!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2006, 07:36 PM
Default HELP A.S.A.P Installing Head Unit!!!

Ok heres the problem i have a 99 civic ex i am trying to put in a pioneer headunit but i cant figure out how to get all the stock consol apart and we finally got the lil cubby thing out under the stock cd player but the cd player itself will not move..... How do u get all this stuff off to put in my new head unit please let me know A.S.A.P Peace~

Old 07-23-2006, 07:37 PM
Default RE: HELP A.S.A.P Installing Head Unit!!!

Also..... The Cd Player Has An Anti Theft thing on with the red light that blinks.....does that have to do with ANYTHING???

Old 07-23-2006, 07:43 PM

i have a 99 dx you might have to pull the whole center thing out with the audio controls and all that what u want to do is open the glove box and squeeze it and let it drop to the floor take the plastic part under the cd player off should b 4 screws one where u opened the glove box and 2 under by the cig lighter and then take off the plastic piece under steering wheel out and there should be another one there. then unplug cig lighter from the back. then there should b 4 bolts that hold the whole audio and climate . pull out and unplug the three plugs for the climate control out then u will see it bolted to the sides of the bracket..

Old 07-23-2006, 08:17 PM

ok so i need to take off the console under the cd playe where the cig lightner is and the one under the stearing wheel and get out all these screws...to get to the bolts holdin in the cd player??/ damn they make it difficult...you know how long this will take till i can actually start installing the new cd player??? thanx