Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Got a new head unit today... Alpine of course

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2007, 01:10 AM
HCF Member
Default Got a new head unit today... Alpine of course

Picked up an alpine CDA-9883 this past week for the wife's honda. Seems like a pretty nice unit.

I got the I-Pod adapter too, and an amp kit, but didn't run any of the wires, it was freezing ballz out side.

The unit is pretty nice for it's price. 2volt pre-out, 3 sets of preouts, the usual Alpine stuff, plus the screen contrast on these is adjustable. Non motorized flip face, seems solid, and the colors are bright and easy to read. With loudness on, it sounds 110% better then her stock crap, no speaker upgrades yet either.

Just thought I would pass that along. If someone's lookin for a midrange lower priced unit to push some subs or run an I-Pod. For like 30 bucks more you get the one with the remote, but honestly, who uses their remote more then once a year.

Old 10-27-2007, 11:53 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: Got a new head unit today... Alpine of course

Im an Alpine dealer, and this unit is allmost our best seller. The 9885 is the one........
I just purchased my very first iPod. Didn't want to, but with all these damn decks that play em.....had too.
The iXD-X001 is about the coolest thing I ever seen.

Old 10-27-2007, 09:19 PM
HCF Member

That looks pretty cool. I was looking at that as well as this:

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pn...273636,00.html

I think I like the pioneer more though because everything else in my car is blue.

Nice choice though, i'm sure it'll look pretty damn good.

*edit* just looked at that ida-x001...WOW that is beautiful! Too bad it's $500 and the ipod interfacing isn't fantastic yet.

Old 10-27-2007, 10:09 PM
HCF Member

Looks like a nice little deck. Have you done a review for it in the review section? If not you should. Hell we should all start reviewing that kinda stuff. LOL

Old 10-28-2007, 12:36 AM
HCF Member

I just got this one not to long ago got to say I love it. Here it is:http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pn...833994,00.html

Old 10-28-2007, 05:35 AM
HCF Member

I need to do some audio reviews. To be honest, we could probably use some sort of a "rate it" type section for car audio. So all these guys buying new stuff can see what others think about the products.

I am an Apline *****, so I always pick up Alpine stuff when I can. I had one of their decks for like 10 years without a single fault, that to me sells a product, reliability.

I know alot of people now a days say Alpine has kinda sold out, but I still think they make quality decks. I am not sure about their speakers and amps though, as I still read mixed reviews.

Anyway, nice decks guys. I still like Pioneer too, they will go through anything and still keep ticking. I remember the first Super Tuner II, ha ha.

Old 10-28-2007, 09:31 AM
HCF Member

Dayum...i really like that pioneer sandrider.

Old 10-28-2007, 12:45 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Stumasters

I need to do some audio reviews. To be honest, we could probably use some sort of a "rate it" type section for car audio. So all these guys buying new stuff can see what others think about the products.
I am in the process of doing write ups on all of my audio stuff. I talked to Forty and he said:

Forty

You can do a review on anything you want man, the more the merrier. Just don't post it in a specific generation's sectoin, leave it in the main Review Sectoin where the Strut Bars one is.

Old 10-29-2007, 04:48 AM
HCF Member

Sweet, I will try and type some up soon. Got some vacation days comming up this week :-) Yayness.

Old 10-29-2007, 12:59 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: xtremerunnerars

That looks pretty cool. I was looking at that as well as this:

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pn...273636,00.html

I think I like the pioneer more though because everything else in my car is blue.

Nice choice though, i'm sure it'll look pretty damn good.

*edit* just looked at that ida-x001...WOW that is beautiful! Too bad it's $500 and the ipod interfacing isn't fantastic yet.
Im rocking the 4900mp right now and its pretty sweet, i just gotta get the ipod plug for it soon well once i get my radio back from RMA that is cause the led display went on me