Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

finaly ordered new amplifier ;)

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2007, 02:38 PM
Recognized HCF Member
Default finaly ordered new amplifier ;)

hopefully it gets here soon!!!!!!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MakeTrack=true
Rockford Fosgate Punch Amplifier T10001bd Mono Ampo ya..... been wanting to upgrade again for awhile now!!!!!!! since i sold my old orion D2400 1200watt rms amplifier... i thought i needed to upgrade even further with 2500watt rms BUT since i upgraded my old clarion to my alpine and found out that SOMETHING was messed up internaly with my old clarion... well my current 600watt jbl amp sounds just as loud if not louder than my old 1200watts.... NOW ive decided to just get a new 1200-1500watt rms amp.... and the RF amp seems to have my desired ability to HIDE the wires

only downfall is with me wanting to run a fullsize spare tire in the trunk..... well now ive gotta rebuild my trunk.. which kinda sucks..... BUT i can do it. BUT to bad i wont have enough time to do it right before my car show/stereo comp thats on the 23rd!

tho i dont have the amp yet.... but this is what it looks like

and ya it does say only 1,000watts rms BUT from what ive heard they are underrated and most birth sheets say around 1500watts rms at 1ohm... I HOPE mine is that good of course.

BUT for my car show im just gonna do a VERY QUICK angled instal in my truck cause thiers not enough room to mount it to the floor flat.... just 1.5inches to small
BUT i think i can quickly just make a floating amp rack to be lifted and angled... as soon as i get the amp im gonna jump on that!!!!!!

im just happy i got enough cash for it! took way to long BUT the money towards the civics lowering was worth it at least!
and for anyone that hasnt seen my truck.... this is how it looks but the amplifier removed and a small 600watt amp just laying under the cover....

im just gonna center tha amplifier and float it by using some steel to build a quick frame and then mounting it to the rear wall towards the center to give it a floating effect... ill probably have to cut a new floor for the trunk but thats very minor!

and OF COURSE im gonna hide the wires fully

should still be nice for a TEMP setup just for this car show... cause after the car show im gonna be rippen out my old box and redue the whole thing...
with my next box im gonna extend the box towards the outside panels and lower in the stock spare tire rear area... and then ill be instaling the amplifier in the center or maybe offset to fit another RF 4channel amplifier behind some plexiglass with of course some lighting
but HOPEFULLY ill still be able to keep the same shape of the trunk basic frame as now BUT with some fiberglassed fullsize spare tire tub in the middle BUT i do still have to BUY my new rims and tires which wont be until i either sell my truck OR till next years tax check.LOL

EDIT.... O HELL YA! amplifier has been shiped AND estimated delivery date is tomorow and best of all ive already asked for tomorow off and gave away my day to another coworker so this works out GREAT!!!!!!!!!!

Old 06-06-2007, 06:52 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: finaly ordered new amplifier ;)

sounds good man, should make for a nice install what sub are you running again and what size box? i forgot, lol.
[align=left] [/align]

Old 06-06-2007, 10:26 PM
HCF Member

ya dude rockford makes some bad *** amps. They have for a long time and like you were sayin, they do push a lot more power than they are rated to push. Thats a really good price on it too. It looks like its gonna sound pretty awesome man, keep us posted on the progress with how it sounds and rebuilding your trunk.

Old 06-07-2007, 04:58 AM
Recognized HCF Member

well my 95truck im nto gonna touch.... im just gonna clean it up and put it up for sale... 3,400cash... i just want the truck gone!
and my dad says the 56ford isnt gonna be just mine... we gonna share it tho i know ill be doing most th ework for it.LMFAO

BUT fedex says out for delivery so im stoked about that!!! tho knowing my luck they wont get here till LATE....
tho sometimes they get here early. I HOPE EARLY... i wanna see this sucker and posibly start fabing up some brackets for the bad boy....

the sub im pushen is a RE audio 12inch SX. ported box. cannt remember exeact size but it was recomended size box.
i built it all last year so been awhile since i ran the numbers..

Name:  waxed024.jpg
Views: 8
Size:  92.9 KB

the front will look preaty much the same other than the port.... the new port will have to be angled more towards the outside wall towars the rear BUT this time im gonna cover the port with some black speaker box thin grill material so you cannt see inside the port next time...

and HOPEFULLY.. if thiers enough space in the trunk back thier along the sides and such ill be able to keep my same rear frame shape.... I HOPE.... i still need room for my groceries
ill also make another carpet cover to hide the amp behind the plexiglass again... ill just have to fab up alittle cooling fan system for more ventilation...

Old 06-09-2007, 03:46 PM
Recognized HCF Member

well.... the mount turned out great... BUT i couldnt hide the wires cause i didnt take into account that thiers no room to run the wires along the back wall... so i had to just drill holes into the floor towards the rear to put the wires again and with doing that i cannt hide the wires that great BUT still decent..... im considering either just wraped the power ground wires in black electrical tape or black wire loom....
just cause the REd blue power ground wires are alittle bright and stick out.LOL

Name:  RFampmount-13.jpg
Views: 11
Size:  36.4 KB
Name:  RFampmount-10.jpg
Size:  39.8 KB

Name:  RFampmount-01.jpg
Views: 9
Size:  83.8 KB
Name:  RFampmount-07.jpg
Views: 9
Size:  45.9 KB
Name:  RFampmount-06.jpg
Size:  69.5 KB

i also got some weatherstriping between the mount and ampto help any vibrations... tho if i did another floating amp mount id make a lower brace cause it does move alittle to take out all movement.... but its not that bad...

tho it does sound great... BUT i cannt put it to a good test cause of the pathetic stock alternator on these cars!!!!!

so HOPEFULLY if all goes good ill buy my higher power alternator next week! so until i buy it i will TRY and baby the alt. LMFAO tho i know that will be hard staying off the volume control

not realy any good testing yet cause of the crapy stock alternator

tho one thing i just thought about while instaling the amplifier.... not i got a preaty good GUNMETAL scheme
OEM fogs, and amp and when ever i get my rims!!!! hahahha
Name:  3657.jpg
Size:  43.8 KB

tho again this is just a TEMP instal until after the 24th cause my car show is on the 23rd.... then its a complete overhaul in MDF and some plexiglass

Old 06-09-2007, 06:39 PM
HCF Member

everything looks dope. how do you like the sound from your box with the sub facing forward. most say to have it face the rear of the car and i see yours is opposite. i know you like your sound clear and strong bass so just curious.

Old 06-09-2007, 06:54 PM
Recognized HCF Member

thanks..... well main reason for the front firing sub setup is for trunk rattle. LMFAO

BUT with the sub front firing it is missing some low bass notes.. BUT for the trunk rattle almost COMPLETLY being taken away... to me thats VERY ACCEPTABLE compromise!
nothing worse than a kick @ss system geting inside the car and nothing but a rattling tin can outside which is what everyone else hears!!!!!

compare same equipment setup... just different boxes...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ih1-9pQzRrA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-WxFpxR_H4

tho my camera doesnt pickup bass very well... BUT it picks up rattles TO GOOD. LMFAO

i just need to setup some lights inside my car sometime to take a new video of the bass ... cause with this RF amp the sub is REALY moving like it should be
actualy probably moving to much.LOL BUT if i smoke the sub O WELL.... just upgrade time next sub will be a FIaudio 12inch BTL... same box setup but it handles much more power!
my current 12inch REaudio SX is only rated at 1K watts and this amp is benched at 1620watts rms