Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

factory amp bypass..... maybe

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2007, 08:10 PM
Default factory amp bypass..... maybe

Ok, soi have a 2007 honda civic SI and i am planning on putting my amp and subs in. I have already managed to put a power wire in from the battery to the trunk.... however... i have been reading on forums that you have to bypass the factory amp on the premium audio systems...... im not really sure if i have a factory amp but im pretty sure i do because i have the premium audio...... i will be using a line output converter to hook up my amp since im gonna keep the factory HU.... so my question is.... will i have to bypass the factory amp (is it hard to bypass it?)... or will i be fine.... any help is appreciated

Old 01-11-2007, 09:58 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: factory amp bypass..... maybe

Just as long as you get your signal on the "input" side of the amp, and NOT the output side. There is no need to figure on bypassing any amp that might be in the car. I believe if it has an amp, it's for the factory "bass speakers" in the rear.

Old 01-12-2007, 08:51 AM
HCF Member

Agree, if you have to use a Line-Input connector, which I don't personaly like, splice into the wires comming from the radio, not going out to the speakers. Also, if they are just for a sub, they might not be 4 channel, so you may have to dig into the dash and get the right right/left channels.

I don't have alot of experience with Line Input, only installed 1 system using it. Just make sure you don't harm that amp, if you do have one, a factory replacement price tag will give you a heart attack.

Old 01-12-2007, 03:42 PM

thanks guys.... i think what im gonna do is just take it in to either circuit city or best buy and let them do it the right way.... i dont wanna mess anything up... but i appreciate all of yalls help