Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

F You Dynamat!

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2007, 05:47 PM
Default RE: F You Dynamat!

yeah i havent got around to building the rest of the wall on the side so i just stuffed shirts there after the walls on it and fiberglassing it will jump two dbs. i just havent got around i was in a hurry to get to the competition but it sounds loud

Old 07-25-2007, 05:51 PM
Recognized HCF Member

DB means NOTHING when it comes to a daily driven system......

a one note wonder can get loud DB....... BUT sounds like crap on music.....
im sure if i built the port for the subs/cars resonent freq im sure it would be ALOT louder on a DB mic.....

im bumping about 136db daily....... not REALY LOUD... but still sounds good to me! my sub is more of a SQ/SPL sub....

Old 07-25-2007, 05:53 PM
Recognized HCF Member

ORIGINAL: hgordonjr0001

yeah i havent got around to building the rest of the wall on the side so i just stuffed shirts there after the walls on it and fiberglassing it will jump two dbs. i just havent got around i was in a hurry to get to the competition but it sounds loud
well i wouldnt call that a wall....LOL
cause a wall means to the roof....... and 2DB gain..... sorry dont see that much of a gain...

Old 07-25-2007, 05:53 PM

Lol at glassing is going to add 2dbs. You do relieze 3 dB change requires double thecone area or double the power? And you think adding some glass will give you 2dBs....but deadner will give you a tenth. Man..LOL

Old 07-25-2007, 06:12 PM

i can have the trunk walled of and that dont mean to the ceiling. a double layer of fiberglass and then finishing the sides to make it a walled off trunk

Old 07-25-2007, 07:40 PM

http://www.realmofexcursion.com/vide...ing/sx15.3.wmv

When I put a directed 2400d to that setup at a sanctioned DB drag event(termlab, doors closed) I knocked a 148.6 @ 38hz. My current setup scored a 10 out of 10 in low frequency reproduction at a MECA event WHILE hitting 145.9 @ 32hz. If you are used to burp boxes try listening to a SQL setup hit 145 @ 32hz, it's exciting.

The amount of misinformation in this thread is appaling, and if you want to know the differances between rear/forward/top firing subs in trunk google search for trunk installs and sound cancelation

*edit*
That video is so funny, I'd forgotten that I made it. Kind of depressing that there was once a day when I didnt care what the sub sounded like as long as it was shaking the truck. Also of reminded me of the day that MD audio came onto the scene claiming that they were going to change the face of SPL competition. They did then and still sound like nothing more than fart machines built to place numbers

Old 07-25-2007, 08:21 PM

SXs are low-end MONSTERS, they will put out sick numbers at 10hz.

Old 07-25-2007, 08:37 PM

I'm so much happier with my Ascendant Audio avalanche though its not even funny

Old 07-25-2007, 09:03 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: R35P3KT

i kno...i got you the first time....im saying that my subs sound really good with the trunk open, so i wish i could drive around with my trunk open lol

That sounds very very odd. Your sub should sound less efficeint with the trunk open. But once again I will retort that its your deck lid and or the deck frame which is a cheap fix.

Oh and dont waste your money on any more dynamat. Its too heavy and too expensive. Go to your local True Value and youll find a roll of 30ft of the same crap (yet a little thinner but no biggie) for $40. Im serious, check your deck lid and frame. youll find the back deck frame is rather frail and thin.

Old 07-25-2007, 10:35 PM

ORIGINAL: bobbytonic

I'm so much happier with my Ascendant Audio avalanche though its not even funny
Well two completely different subs but the AA is even more of a low-end beast. They stopped making them didn't they?

Quick Reply: F You Dynamat!