Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

F You Dynamat!

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2007, 04:12 PM
Recognized HCF Member
Default RE: F You Dynamat!

bass is vibrations....... metal is preaty thin and weak and flexable on most newer cars......... its not american heavy duty steel...

it will vibrate... if you want less trunk rattle do what i and most people do.... do a front firing box setup and have the box sealed off from the trunk.....
mines not realy sealed... BUT close...... my panels are preaty close to the stock panels... and only noises from the trunk you can hear is the liscence plate ALITTLE cause my hot glue came off finaly... and second noise is the vents flap.... you can hear it flaping.LOL but other than that my trunk lid is preaty silent..... cause the air pressure is mostly confined inside the cabin and not in the trunk which causes extra vibrations and pressure...

Old 07-25-2007, 04:52 PM
HCF Member

what do you mean by rear deck? im thinkin your talkin about the plastic piece that covers the 6x9's ? that does rattle but you cant hear that from the outside. however, i jumped to conclusions a little bit prematurely....today i realized that by disconnecting the battery last night, it put all of my deck's EQ settings and other tunable settings back to default. Which basically meant it was nasty dirty bass and my 6x9's getting pushed to their max so it sounded like poo. Once i got all the various settings back to how they were (or close to it bcause i didnt rmember everything) everything does sound a lot better inside and vibrations on the outside have decreased dramatically at high volume levels. Im still sticking by my F you dynamt though, because it does promise to "Stop Trunk Rattle" and it does still rattle, but watever. lol And addiction, with that front firing setup, isnt it unbearable to listen to loud music? I can imagine that pressure with closed doors and windows doing some serious damage to your ears (even though i alwayswhip with all windows down ) But even with the windows down, id imagine some hearing problems coming forth lol

Old 07-25-2007, 04:57 PM

Like I said before, the pressure is greater with the sub facing the other way.

Old 07-25-2007, 04:59 PM
Recognized HCF Member

nope not at all... sounds about as loud... but since its front firing you do loose some LOW bass notes....... and if the sub doesnt have good SQ/SPL it will sound bad!!!!

so if your stereo doesnt sound good from the trunk lid being open in the rear...... then it wont sound good front firing.LOL
thats one thing that a typical rear firing setup helps ALOT WITH.... hiding those horible sounding bass!!!!!!

Old 07-25-2007, 05:01 PM
HCF Member

lol well im not worried about that, i wish i could drive around with my trunk open all the time....i might have to try this one day

Old 07-25-2007, 05:06 PM

i do know what im talking about and if anyone knew then as well then they would agree but thats fine let me know when you bust a 147 with one 15inch subwoofer at 49htz. then i might think different aboutyou, and no i was not talking about port tuning take the same sub and put it in two differentboxs and see that there both different. but thats cool im not worried you all dont like my advice find it somewhere else. i tried to make it easier for everyone to understand but i guess not.

Old 07-25-2007, 05:18 PM

see you did what i did in my signature it has the picture of my setup in my honda if you all want i can post a video to show i have the knowledge. check this out these are our subs .

http://www.realmofexcursion.com/videos.html on the left side click mass destruction car audio. there shows videos of our napalms and sidewinders. the ones without the logo are prototypes the ones with the log are our finishedproduction line. our group leader had a geo with 4 12inch napalms and two autotek 4000 he hit 154.6 db. then he put 24 12 inch sidewinders and hit 160 flat.

Old 07-25-2007, 05:36 PM
Recognized HCF Member

well.... instal lacking.......

and thiers no extra PRESSURE in the car!!!!!

only way thier would be extra pressure is if you went over EVERY vent in the car and sealed it over!!!!!!
thiers no more pressure inside the car!!!!!
im not talking about driving around with your trunk open...... im saying WHEN PARKED and bumping your stereo... open the trunk and listen to the subwoofer..... if it sounds like CRAP.... then thats how it will sound with it being front firing... BUT if it sounds good or ok.... it should sound that way with it being front firing......

Old 07-25-2007, 05:40 PM
HCF Member

i kno...i got you the first time....im saying that my subs sound really good with the trunk open, so i wish i could drive around with my trunk open lol

Old 07-25-2007, 05:45 PM

ORIGINAL: hgordonjr0001

i do know what im talking about and if anyone knew then as well then they would agree but thats fine let me know when you bust a 147 with one 15inch subwoofer at 49htz. then i might think different aboutyou, and no i was not talking about port tuning take the same sub and put it in two differentboxs and see that there both different. but thats cool im not worried you all dont like my advice find it somewhere else. i tried to make it easier for everyone to understand but i guess not.
Ok you show me a video of you hitting 147 with one 15" on a TERMLAB and we will talk. I don't care bout your boys we talking bout you.

O and btw If i cared to and had the right vechile I could bust 150 with a 10" so lets not get into that. My next project is 152-153 on music. But this ain't bout numbers, you just don't know anything. My gma could talk dB numbers with me, does that mean shes knows anything?

Quick Reply: F You Dynamat!