Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

F You Dynamat!

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2007, 06:54 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: F You Dynamat!

lol i kno they can put the seats back down, but im saying when they are up and aimed towards the back of the seat, when the subs pound out, they'll hit the seats. It will be uncomfortable forpeople and kill the longevity of the subs lol and they would have to be secured down sothey couldnt move, so i would either have to play music soft wen people were in the back or move the sub box further back in the trunk everytime people sat in the back.......and i dont like playing music softly!! lol My back seats also have that locking mechanism = good idea lol...............now if only honda's werent so easy to break into [:@]lol

Old 07-25-2007, 01:39 AM
Recognized HCF Member

you dont have the subs so close to the seats that they touch them...... space them back alittle..... just check out my gallery to see how i got mine setup....

and with my trunk release...... well only thing they can get to is my amplifier and its straped in thier very good with some steel and some bolts holding the amplifier down to the metal mount i welded up...... NO WAY they are gonna steal my sub or amplifier

Old 07-25-2007, 08:51 AM
HCF Member

Its your rear deck lid rattling silly goose.

Old 07-25-2007, 08:56 AM

oka yheres your problem dynamat only helps a tenth of a db. to stop the rattleing you need to raise the frequency of your system. the lower the frequency the more it vibrates the higher the frequecy the less it vibrates. rotate your box to where the sub is firing to the front and preferably the port is firing to the front. i had the same problem i didnt buy dynamat cause i knew what it did. you can get pretty loud with a civic. hit me up if you have more questions.....

oh what is your box like know. is the sub firing up cause if thats so than theres you vibration right there
270-589-0702 call if you have any questions

Old 07-25-2007, 08:56 AM
Administrator

yeah it is remmy is right, i got the perfect sub in my trunk tho, and dynamat, both work GREAT

Old 07-25-2007, 09:10 AM

on my civic i found out it was my license plate cover rattleing more than my trunk.

Old 07-25-2007, 09:22 AM

ORIGINAL: hgordonjr0001

oka yheres your problem dynamat only helps a tenth of a db. to stop the rattleing you need to raise the frequency of your system. the lower the frequency the more it vibrates the higher the frequecy the less it vibrates. rotate your box to where the sub is firing to the front and preferably the port is firing to the front. i had the same problem i didnt buy dynamat cause i knew what it did. you can get pretty loud with a civic. hit me up if you have more questions.....

oh what is your box like know. is the sub firing up cause if thats so than theres you vibration right there
270-589-0702 call if you have any questions
How can you adjust the frequency of a speaker that plays frequencies from 20-80hz? If by frequency you mean adjust the resonant frequency, but that's impossible to adjust the resonant frequency of the car; except by adding mass to the metal(dynamat, fatmat, edead, peal-and-seal)

To the original poster, go with the trunk tightening suggestion. On my car there are these four rubber ***** that raise and lower under the trunk lid, once I got those real tight when the trunk was closed almost all of my rattling stopped

Old 07-25-2007, 12:13 PM

you can change the frequency of your system by changing your box size. for lesser vibration make asmaller box for lesser vibration in other words a a lower freequencybigger box in other words a higher frequency. that all sounds easy but you have to make the box just right.theres frequencys for everything. sub frequencys box frequencys, car frequencys music frequencys. our club created a sub based on the frequency of little johns throw it up song. if you have any questions let me know ill be more than happy to help

Old 07-25-2007, 01:45 PM

lol, you are talking about the port tuning, I'm quite familier with that concept
I guess you could alter your peak frequency from the port to not be at the resonant frequency of your car, but that really isn't going to help basic rattling from listening to music.

[IMG]local://upfiles/2412/E595F88EEE1B42EFAD6D58F003178213.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/2412/F044DF1378B84503B7A6CA2B9EC48066.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/2412/2F915E4906584E5BAA743643BBBCC14C.jpg[/IMG]

Old 07-25-2007, 03:40 PM

ORIGINAL: hgordonjr0001

you can change the frequency of your system by changing your box size. for lesser vibration make asmaller box for lesser vibration in other words a a lower freequencybigger box in other words a higher frequency. that all sounds easy but you have to make the box just right.theres frequencys for everything. sub frequencys box frequencys, car frequencys music frequencys. our club created a sub based on the frequency of little johns throw it up song. if you have any questions let me know ill be more than happy to help
Could some one ban this guy please before someone ****s up their **** cuz this guy has no clue what he is talking about.

Your port length changes your fq. And the sub/box size does affect tunning in a sealed box but bigger n smaller isn't going to tell you if it raises it or lowers it. While your at it why don't you explain to him how to find the quarter wave. Since you probally don't know what that is, I will give you hint it's your cars "tuning fq". If he has a sealed box, pretty much size doesn't matter if he's not aiming after spl. Even if he has a ported tuning to 32-33hz should be good no matter what, unless once again he is doing spl.

Quick Reply: F You Dynamat!