Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

F You Dynamat!

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2007, 03:16 PM
HCF Member
Default F You Dynamat!

Well I finally gave in and bought some extreme dynamat to end the trunk rattling nonesense. Took me about an hour to put the 20 sq ft in and took me about 2 seconds to realize it didnt do anything!!!!! From the inside, the bass is def. clearer than before, but that is not why i bought it, i was fine with the semi-clear bass before. Now i know that if i cheaped out and bought some no name sh** that i wouldnt be dissappointed because you get what you pay for. However i payed 130 for this extreme dynamat, which extremely didnt work, trunk rattles more than ever, now its just a higher pitched rattle than before. It sells for 180 at best buy but i got it for 130 because the guy had an opened one in the back. Im very upset with this and there is no way to return it now because it is all over my trunk walls. And i did install it correctly and even put 2 full sheets on the physical trunk, so there is no excuse for why it shouldnt work. This is just a warning to those who buy only brand name things. I could have got60 sq feet of fatmat for 80$ and i bet all of that would have done a much better job. ERRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [:@]

Old 07-24-2007, 04:02 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: F You Dynamat!

**** man thats steep.. try puttin new molding on your trunk to stop some rattles..

Old 07-24-2007, 04:09 PM
HCF Member

It is probably the black piece of plastic on the outside of you car that the license plate is screwed into. Mine rattles a little when I'm driving or if I turn the bass up a lot but does it doesn't bother me much. Try to find a way to reinforce it and that might solve your problem.

Old 07-24-2007, 04:20 PM

What is rattling though? It's not going to completely stop the rattling, my license plate rattles but I don't hear it.

Old 07-24-2007, 04:24 PM
HCF Member

its not the black piece or the liscense plate becuse i dynamatted the entire section behind that black piece and put a niice big sponge behind the plate lol. Whats rattling is the place where the trunk meets the car body, it stops wen i sit on the trunk but there is nowhere to actually put dynamat to stop that.......had id of known that that particular area could not be dampened, i wouldnt have even tried at all, as it is the most prevailing rattling sound

Old 07-24-2007, 04:32 PM
HCF Member

It stops rattling if you sit on the trunk? Put a big *** wing on the trunk. That will fix the rattle.

Old 07-24-2007, 04:55 PM
Recognized HCF Member

or instead of that crap....... try adjusting the trunk lid latch to be tigther.... so youll preaty much have to slam that sucker for it to close

AND if rattling still sucks REALY BAD.... if you got a good SQ sub.... do what i did front firing setup...
only rattling i have on my trunk lid is the liscence plate cause my old hot glue finaly came loose and fell out...
i used a free dynomate liscence plate system i had before from winning it at a old stereo comp when i had my truck... i put that around my liscence plate backing area as well as some cheap @ss peel and seal stuff that works good enough.... BUT still didnt help...
id say also if your trunk seal is soft..... id replace that... i had to replace mine cause it was leaking....

Old 07-24-2007, 05:03 PM
HCF Member

well the wing idea is good but i think ill pass lol mayb the latch tightening will help, ill look into that one 2morrow and as for the front firing setup, i have a 4 dr so people do sit in the back sometimes, so it'd be pretty bad with the seats up for them and for the subs having to work harder. The seal is fine though, there are no leaks.......mayb ill just hire a midget to sit on my trunk 24/7.....itll stop the rattling and id own a midget, its a win win

Old 07-24-2007, 05:25 PM
Recognized HCF Member

well if your seats fold down just make them fold the seat up when they get in. LOL
ive got a coupe and EVERY NOW AND THEN... in a blue moon that is..... and i just tell them to fold the seat up and fold it down when they get out

PLUS not to mention if your in a bad area.... and you can lock your back seats like my 99 that has to have the KEY to open the back seats....... its a theft deterant.LOL they cannt steal what they cannt get to...... and they cannt damage the subs if they cannt get to them

Old 07-24-2007, 06:33 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: addiction2bass

well if your seats fold down just make them fold the seat up when they get in. LOL
ive got a coupe and EVERY NOW AND THEN... in a blue moon that is..... and i just tell them to fold the seat up and fold it down when they get out

PLUS not to mention if your in a bad area.... and you can lock your back seats like my 99 that has to have the KEY to open the back seats....... its a theft deterant.LOL they cannt steal what they cannt get to...... and they cannt damage the subs if they cannt get to them
Better remember to lock the trunk lever also. lol...

Quick Reply: F You Dynamat!