Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Electrical experts needed with underdash wiring (a few cut and disconnected wires)

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2007, 04:39 PM
Default Electrical experts needed with underdash wiring (a few cut and disconnected wires)

Check out the two pictures.. Green arrows are pointing to disconnected wires on the drivers side. The two brown ones come off of the door switch.

Not shown are a black and a brown wire that come off of a grounding point just under the steering wheel.

There's a disconnected "connector"

There is a very light grey wire that is shown in the upper left.

And there's a couple of grey speaker wires which i didn't have an arrow on because ther is no problem with the stereo. Looks like there was an aftermarket stereo and alarm.. and it was very quickly uninstalled at one point. Now there's a few messed up wires. Because of this, the dome light doesn't respond to the door, nor does the buzzer indicating that the lights have been turned on.

In the other picture there are two connectors. I have no idea where they belong. I looked behind the glove box with no idea.

This is a '95 civic V-Tec. I think maybe the two connectors on the second image may be for another option that was not on thsi model? Perhaps not. There are a few things on this vehicle that are simply not working.

ANY help is appreciated!

[IMG]local://upfiles/18628/9DB95AC5E83746EA8F6F164DFEB34922.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/18628/F5B0D8F3C8EF447E9FFA3E7D4B24F85A.jpg[/IMG]

Old 02-28-2007, 05:01 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Electrical experts needed with underdash wiring (a few cut and disconnected wires)

i dont know hat to say other then to get a repair manual and see if you can figure out where they go, check continuity etc, i installed my own alarm in my car, same one as yours, and i didnt connect to any brown wires, here is the page with the pinouts i used for the alarm/remote start, i took a look at my repair manual, and the only brown wires i could find delt with abs and cruise control, but it was only a quick look, maby the wires arnt stock, where exactly do they go to?

you could also feel arounf the back of the fuse box to see if ther is a jack to plug that connector into, the back of the boc is full of em, it also may not need to be connected, i seem to remember that the contols for my powerlock were on a loose connector like that, i think it was there for the optional security system that some hondas came with, compare the wire colors to the link below and if they are the same, it may be fine like that

http://www.commandocaralarms.com/wir...95/Honda/Civic

the black and brown wires are probably the ground point that they installed the alarm to, it should be ok just to remove it

as for the connectors under the glove box, thoes are connected to the ecu, they are for displaying checkengine lights etc

Old 02-28-2007, 07:05 PM
Default RE: Electrical experts needed with underdash wiring (a few cut and disconnected wires)

Thank you. There are 2 brown wires that come off of a push button switch. This may be part of the aftermarket valet parking perhaps? Not sure.

I know that there is no buzzer for the headlights. Secondly, there is no dome light. I figured that something down there must be a culpret. The fact that the headlights and dome light are tapped into when installing an alarm is perfectly consistant with the fact that the "uninstall" caused the dome light and buzzer to stop working.

Old 03-01-2007, 05:55 AM
HCF Member

well i dont have a buzzer for the headlights, im not sure there is one, i know there is a buzzer for when you have the key in the ignition, and the door is open, ive got to go to school now, but when i get back, i will trace some wires for ya, and see if we cant figure out whats up.