Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

dynamat

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2005, 10:49 AM
vmf
HCF Member
Default dynamat

hey guys, any1 have any experience with this material? i want to take whole interior of the car out and put it all over.
guestions:
1. is there some kind of special procedure to do so? what kind of tools do i need?
2. how do i remove the dash in the 2001 civic?
3. how do i remove ceiling in 2001 civic?
thank you in advance
V

Old 07-02-2005, 11:42 AM
Default RE: dynamat

make sure that you scuff the paint and metal a little before applying it to the car. it will stay better in the long run. do you need some dynamat i got one of the big kits for sale it has 9 sheets of 18x32". i am selling for $135 retails for $250. it is listed on amazon.com

Old 07-02-2005, 10:36 PM

You should really get a Haynes or Chilton to help you take the car apart. I have done a couple 01s but it would take hours for me to walk you through it.

Only get the Dynamat Extreme that has metal foil on the back. Use a heat gun and get it real hot and roll it on with a dynamat roller.

Old 07-03-2005, 12:13 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: LEVIII

Use a heat gun and get it real hot and roll it on with a dynamat roller.

most important part if u want it to really stick and work well

Old 07-03-2005, 11:52 AM
vmf
HCF Member

now my question is how do i take the car apart?
do i have to put it behind dash as well?
i dont know chilton and haynes
is there some kind of doityourself guide online?

Old 07-03-2005, 12:02 PM

Not sure about there being any guides online.

you dont need to put it behinde the dash, depends on how serious you want to get.

Best advice I can give is start 1 screw at a time till peice by peice comes apart. Slowly and carefully. Also, keep screws seperate and labeled so they go back in the right places. GOOD LUCK!!!!

Old 07-05-2005, 03:14 AM
HCF Member

"F" Dynamat. get some similar at your local hardware store.. works just as good.

Old 07-05-2005, 10:18 AM

I have known alot of people who do buy some kind of "fake" dynamat at Home Depot or somewhere else and I must say it looks to be exactly the same thing. Again, just make sure it is the kind with the foil on it. Wish I could tell you what it was and where to get it but I have never looked into it.

Old 07-11-2005, 10:54 AM
vmf
HCF Member

i ended up buyin dynamat extreme on ebay for more then 2 times less then the local shop was askin
36 square feet cost me 90$

Old 07-11-2005, 11:43 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: LEVIII

I have known alot of people who do buy some kind of "fake" dynamat at Home Depot or somewhere else and I must say it looks to be exactly the same thing. Again, just make sure it is the kind with the foil on it. Wish I could tell you what it was and where to get it but I have never looked into it.

It is, just nothing but rubber compound. But the stuff I got is thinner, I didnt want the thickness of dynamat. Its kinda a marketing thing... you know how the uninformed think that you will hear a difference with monster cable compared to the gold plated radio smack stuff.

Quick Reply: dynamat