Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

does this look like a reliable switch?

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2006, 02:32 AM
HCF Member
Default does this look like a reliable switch?

does this look like a reliable switch?

sorry i'm definintly a novice i'm just learning this electronic stuff.

Old 07-24-2006, 09:48 AM
Default RE: does this look like a reliable switch?

most switches are reliable, just get one that looks cool... like that one!

Old 07-24-2006, 11:23 AM
HCF Member

ya no matter what switch you get it will pretty much be reliable..thats more of a switch if you have somthing installed and you want to make sure you dont press it be mistake, hense the cover, but i have $3 switches in my car that iv used for a long time and i never had a problem

Old 07-24-2006, 11:25 AM
HCF Member

Check how many amps the switch can hold, you really don't want it burning out on you. If it can hold like 20 or 30 you should be fine.

Old 07-24-2006, 04:04 PM
HCF Member

thanks yea i'd just be using this for underglow but it sure looks bada$$

Old 07-24-2006, 05:26 PM

Any switch that has an led in the tip is prone to wire breakage over time, every one I've owned had one of the wires to the led snap and killed the led........ They are sexxy switches but make sure you get an extra or two so when the led goes out you'll have a replacement.

Also make sure to check the load specs on the switch and make sure what ever you are powering with it isn't going to be drawing too many amps thru the switch, if you do it'll cause the switch to heat up and could cause a fire....

Old 07-24-2006, 05:48 PM
HCF Member

what you SHOULD do if you want a nice clean look, is go to a scrap yard and hall a factory button out of a car, and wire the under glow to that and put it in one of the factory spots, just my 2 cents

Like these one's here

Old 07-25-2006, 01:17 PM
HCF Member

here's the switches i ended up with, the black ones are the stock ones i just took out.
the black one on the left is the blank that heated seat's buttons would be in
the switch on the right of the picture is from next to the rear windshield defroster it was just a blank as well.
downside is neither of the switches i bought fit a premade hole (the blanks) so i've got to either cut new holes or use some kinda putty/plaster to get the smaller switch to sit in there.
any suggestions on what to cut the holes in the dash out with?Name:  105_2793.jpg
Views: 112
Size:  51.7 KB

p.s. i picked both of those switches up from radioshack for like 6 bucks total they're by the LEDs and ****.

Old 07-25-2006, 02:41 PM
Recognized HCF Member

im using these in my civic. tho only using one currently...
i love em cause they have a nice bright colored LED and since they are simple rocker switches so ya dont have to worry about accidently hiting them cause they dont stick out
i hate switches like those cause ya cannt hit em hard or the tips/handles break off and ive also had the led wires break alot.. so i dont use those anymore.

and unfortunatly i cannt fit mine in the center console switch locations or what ever those 4 covers are for.LOL well i can BUT id have to glue them in cause id have to cut off the mounting clip
tho they only come in three colors, red, blue, green.
but green works with me
http://www.oznium.com/rocker-switch

Old 07-25-2006, 04:25 PM
HCF Member

what do you have the rocker switch mounted in there? do those come with the switches, caus thats what i need i was gonna cut a new hole for mine but i'd love to use the blanks for that.

Quick Reply: does this look like a reliable switch?