Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Disabling Key-In Dinger?

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2007, 07:50 PM
Default RE: thanks, and problem solved/closing thread

huh? How can you cut one wire to do it, and then cut another wire to fix it?

Old 07-02-2007, 09:07 PM

ORIGINAL: bpapa

huh? How can you cut one wire to do it, and then cut another wire to fix it?
i beleive he means only cut one that way u can easily hook it back up.

Old 07-03-2007, 03:18 PM

Oh, right on.

I just have a thing for switches...

Old 07-07-2007, 08:29 AM
Banned

In the area of the driver's left foot and up a little, is where the noise comes from. There is a wiring plug that plugs into a rectangular black box. If you unplug it the noise will stop. HOWEVER, the courtesy lights won't come on. So I looked at the book and took avery lucky guess and cut the smaller blue and white wire from the plug. No more annoying ding ding ding. If anyone is really really interested I can take a picture and post it here toexplain.

Also, there isa way to wire in a cheap buzzer from radio shack to buzz when you turn the key off and leave the head lights on.All you have to do is buy the buzzer and push awire in on 2 fuses. VERYEASY.
Reply and I cantry my best to explain it.

Old 07-07-2007, 11:29 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: Disabling Key-In Dinger?

ORIGINAL: bpapa
Somebody on this forum probably has digital service manuals for your honda if you ask nicely and the right person sees your post.
I have the 96-00 Service Manual in .pdf format. I'm looking through the electrical section to see if I can find anything. Oh, btw you can download a bunch of service manuals from hondahookup.com/manuals I believe they are public domain. You just have to be a member (free). I'll keep looking for you and post if I find anything.

Old 07-07-2007, 12:32 PM
HCF Member

Looking at the schematic, it is connected to the Integrated Control Unit which is on the back of the fusebox. As far as removing it accoarding to the schematic it has it's own output so it shouldn't matter. Within the inegrated control unit the beeper is connected to the Key-In/Seat Belt Reminder Circuit. If you could find that you could probably find the beeper. This might help. The Key-In/Seat Belt Reminder circuit connects to the Ceiling Light by a Light green wire with a red stripe, connects to the driver's door switch by a green wire, connects to the ignition switch with a blue wire with a red stripe.

So basically what I would do is go to the driver's door switch and trace that green wire to where it connects, or the ceiling light (green wire with red stripe). Whatever those wires connect to also connects to the Beeper.

Also instead of removing it you might consider replacing it with like with an LED (with a resistor).

Here's the schematics I found helpful.

[IMG]local://upfiles/15560/441340260C874AF3B42033AFFD227E6F.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/15560/A2780701D1324208904C6A5C8259F0B3.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/15560/6579BDCB96C149F99643A15DF2B7226C.jpg[/IMG]

Old 07-07-2007, 06:27 PM
Recognized HCF Member

this has been talked about alot!!!!!!!!

what i would sugest is simply unpluging the door triggers on both doors and wiring in your own lights..... VERY EASY.... simply run a power wire from the fuse box thats powered all the time and then FUSE that wire with say 5amp fuse ruffly 14-16gauge wire and run it under the seats or under the dash.... and power wire to your lights..... THEN simply wire the ground wire from the lights to the stock door triggers that you just unhooked... BUT hook them both together so they lite up the lights from both doors being opened...
either some fledled strips or some cold cathodes will work great!!!!!!
http://www.oznium.com/

Old 07-08-2007, 12:15 AM
HCF Member

i just found that thing that the door pushes on when its closed, took it out and disconnected it haha worked great for me

Old 07-08-2007, 06:39 AM
Recognized HCF Member

ya but now if someone breaks into your car... the car alarm would never go off..... i fya have a alarm on that ride that is.... if its aftermarket then have the shop wire up those door triggers to the alarms brain.
and still ya loose your dome light automatic feature now...

Old 07-08-2007, 12:56 PM

Awesome, thanks for the info ltkenbo!

***I nominate that info for a sticky! (The basic info about the manuals and link to hondahookup at least)***

Quick Reply: Disabling Key-In Dinger?