Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

deck not working

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2006, 01:25 PM
Default deck not working

I was driving my civic the other day and the deck just went off. now it doesnt come on and i have changed the fuses which havfe blown. its not the deck cuz i used a different deck and that didnt come on and i know that works.

i changed the deck fuse and it started smoking under the steering dash i dont know what that was but it scared me. It only did it 2 times. The car starts and runs fine but the deck does not work does some1 have any suggestions.

I might just take it down to a audio shop to see if they can fix it.

Old 11-28-2006, 01:38 PM
Default RE: deck not working

that is going to be an accessory wire, it could be the ciggarette lighter also because when the deck goes the ciggarette lighter goes too , the wire down there might be shorting out, or it is going to be the accesory wire shorting out under the dash, bring it to a shop though u dont wanna fU** it up . GL THOUGH

Old 11-28-2006, 03:12 PM

ORIGINAL: kman92civicsi

that is going to be an accessory wire, it could be the ciggarette lighter also because when the deck goes the ciggarette lighter goes too , the wire down there might be shorting out, or it is going to be the accesory wire shorting out under the dash, bring it to a shop though u dont wanna fU** it up . GL THOUGH
that depends on the year...

in my 98, the cig/acc socket is separate from radio

chances are there's a ground or a short in the system, which would result in too much current going through, and your blown fuse

Old 12-03-2006, 09:08 PM
HCF Member

check all the fuses no matter if its for the radio or not the Honda circuitries joins in together EXAMPLE - the overhead light is joined in with the cig lighter so you blow a fuse for one and the other doesnt work

2* if you checked all fuse then pull the radio and check the power and ground that will solve all problems