Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Dealercostcaraudio..no good

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2009, 02:39 PM
HCF Member
Default Dealercostcaraudio..no good

A couple people have asked about this website so here's some interesting reading

http://www.caraudioforum.com/showthread.php?t=317850

Old 05-22-2009, 06:32 PM
HCF Member

I ordered from them recently and they took about 4 weeks to get my speakers to me. Apparently they were out of stock which their website didnt say. Contrary to some other reviews they do answer the phone when you call, and they get back to you really quickly when you email them.

Order at your own risk I guess, they have gotten some really bad reviews as posted above, they had almost 4 stars on the google shopping page.

Old 05-31-2009, 02:05 AM
HCF Member

Gad dang kids.... support someone you can actually meet/see/hand over your hard earned $'s to. Not some invisable entity on the interweb.

Shame on yous guys......

Old 05-31-2009, 08:10 AM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by KarTuneMan
Gad dang kids.... support someone you can actually meet/see/hand over your hard earned $'s to. Not some invisable entity on the interweb.

Shame on yous guys......
Sorry, but I have been screwed WAY too many times by the greedy B&M stores! Before the age of the internet, I ended up becoming friends with a distributor. I was not happy when I found out that one of the shops I was dealing with was charging above MSRP for gear.

Two years ago, I had the local Memphis Car Audio dealership do a simple add-on sub to my V6 6MT accord. It cost me over $700 to for the PR 10, a 2.75 amp, and enclosure plus installation. Then when I went to pick the car up, the sub sounded like ***. The "professional" had wired the LOC out of phase and was going to send me home like that. Within a month, the battery ring terminal came undone and the subwoofer came unmounted. So yes, I had to go behind a "professional" and fix his work!

Regardless, I do have to thank them for that crappy install job. Their crappy, overpriced install is what prompted me to get back into doing my own installs.

Old 06-01-2009, 12:27 PM
HCF Member

Shame on yous guys......
I would...but there's only one good car audio shop in ABQ. They do a good job, but you pay for it, and i can do it myself.

As for equipment, they have nice stuff, but the prices are just too high. I haven't met them face to face, but I've talked to both owners of SSA, Jacob the owner of Sundown, and DJ the owner of AQ, plus Scott and Fi. I feel quite comfortable buying from them

Old 06-01-2009, 02:08 PM
HCF Member

Shame on yous guys......
There is a shop(Sights and Sounds) back home(portland, tx) that I always go to for audio and tinting, I dont know anything about the shops here(mobile, al) or I would.

Old 07-25-2009, 01:22 PM
HCF Member
Old 07-26-2009, 09:41 AM
Chubby Chaser

i say if you want something done right do it yourself
i do everything myself form bodywork to engine work to sound systems i dont let anybody touch my §hits