Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

CUSTOM underglow

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2007, 06:36 PM
Recognized HCF Member
Default RE: CUSTOM underglow

well ya dont have to worry about breaking the led flex strips from bottoming out not gonna happen LOL
just think of it this way.... with some U channeling.... it will damage the channeling before it damages your vehicle

i woulda bought my side strips.... BUT i just got my registration renewal paper work in the mail so thier goes my extra 150bucks! had to renew my civic and my truck plates... i guess it could be worse.LOL my dads having to pay like almost 300bucks for thier new crossfire renewal.

Old 02-11-2007, 06:43 PM
HCF Member

i say get the L channeleing and the 6ft LED strips and do something like this:
Name:  LED.jpg
Views: 23
Size:  10.3 KB

you can usually find a spot under your car to mount it with screws that shouldnt be lower than any other part of your car. And if its secured, waterproof and hidden, thats not cheap at all bro. The indivdual bulbs is a really custom and unique idea, but the time aint worth it.

And i know its prolly rice to you guys, but if you get the 4 tubes and then a wheel well LEDkit (for all 4 wheels)of the same color, that will light it up corner to corner it seems like.

Old 02-11-2007, 09:08 PM
Recognized HCF Member

well another nice thing about the 6ft strips are they come with some nice 3M double sided tape already attached... so clean the channeling and stick it to it... and just stick a few zip ties on it to hold them up just incase the tape lets loose..

Old 02-11-2007, 11:49 PM
HCF Member

flip: there is nowhere under my car to put the L channel. like.when i was lookin for a place to put bulbs, my sideskirts are flush with the underbody. there is nowhere to hide them up underneath anything. so unless i cut the sideskirt and put the L channel up into the sideskirt..

like this
Name:  ledunderglowdiagram.jpg
Views: 20
Size:  6.5 KB

but if i just bolt the L channel to the bottom of the car, be it the sideskirt or the actual underbody.. that is gunna drop it another inch from its already extremely low stance.

but even if i do it the way that i have it in the drawing i did.. the front and the back still have nowhere to mount the strips. especially in the back. i am going to try to take some pictures tomorrow so you guys can see what i see and maybe you'll have some suggestions

Old 02-11-2007, 11:57 PM
HCF Member

Those LED strips can't be that thick really, surely you could get away with some tiny L Channels, like quarter inch to half inch or less, just enough to keep people from seeing them mounted. I dunno, I will have to look at mine tomorrow and see what I am in store for as well, maybe I can help with a suggestion.

Old 02-12-2007, 01:55 PM
Recognized HCF Member

Name:  ledflex013.jpg
Views: 19
Size:  30.2 KB
thats how i got my rear strips instaled.......

tho with my new strips since they could wrap around almost to the tire i screwed another L channling to the car so i could zip tie the strip securely...
and just paint the chaneling black and they shouldnt be noticable much...

you can see my front strip alittle... BUT once i put on a front lip it will be hidden

Name:  civictintandcovers003.jpg
Views: 21
Size:  100.2 KB
Name:  taillighttintdone014.jpg
Views: 17
Size:  77.9 KB

ya cannt see them at all

and if botoming out the car is a problem dont get the L chaneling.. use some U channeling... be be stronger... and if you realy scared of botoming them out look for some thick steel U channeling....
id rather tear up some bolted on metal than dragen my actual car body.

OR you could use some square steel... bolt it to the car and hide the leds behind it... it will take aLOT more abuse and dragen.LOL