Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Cigarette Lighter Slot doesn't work...

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2007, 10:20 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: Cigarette Lighter Slot doesn't work...

so i checked the fuse, and i checked to make sure that the slot was plugged in, and unfortunatlely, my problem has not been solved. anything else i should check?

Old 07-22-2007, 01:46 PM
HCF Member

it MIGHT just be the lighter, buti doubt it, its the only thing i can think of since the connecter is good and the fuse is good. but im really doubting thats it, sorry man thats all i got haha

Old 07-22-2007, 05:02 PM
HCF Member

if you checkd the fuses and you checked the wires behind the ligher and its all good there the next thing you gotta do is follow those wires back form the lighter and see if maybe one came un plugged on the other end..

Old 07-23-2007, 06:22 AM
HCF Member

do you know where the cigarette light connects to? i don't wanna to gutting my interior...

Old 07-23-2007, 06:23 AM

i had a similiar problem except it was the clock and i just rewired it staright to the ignition wires

Old 07-23-2007, 02:35 PM
Recognized HCF Member

are you SURE the wires arent broke....... probe with a light tester the cig lighter far back center dot which should be POWER... and the sides are grounds....

on mine i swaped my radio and the freaken wire off the back of the harness that plugs onto the cig lighter broke off its solder joint also blew the fuse when it busted off and shorted as well..... took me FOREVER to figure it out... just one of those TINY tires solder joints broke
track the wires back off the harness as much as posible... and use a small razor blade to cut into the rubber insulator BUT NOT THRU THE WIRE.... just to cut the jacket.... and probe that spot with the light tester with the car turned ON...
HOPEFULLY the wire just broke like mine... and simply rewiring it with a new wire to the lighter plug will do the trick.... HOPEFULLY.... only way to find out is to probe...

Old 07-23-2007, 04:31 PM
HCF Member

Yeah, for a while my cigarette lighter fuse kepty blowing and then I took it out and figured out all I needed to do was tigten it cause it was really loose and stuff.

Old 07-23-2007, 04:59 PM
HCF Member

just do what addiciton said.. thats all you really can do

Old 07-23-2007, 05:09 PM
HCF Member

how much do these test lights run for? will kmart have them? if so, i'll run and get one tonight.

Old 07-23-2007, 05:18 PM

basic one is about 10 bucks but to get a digital safe logics probe are like 150, if you have no intrest in troubleshooting other electronics then the cheapo will do ya, a multimeter will also work in place of the test light, i personaly have a really nice logics probe and a really nice multimeter, but im an installer and need them.

Quick Reply: Cigarette Lighter Slot doesn't work...