Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

chassis glow

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2007, 12:31 PM
HCF Member
Default chassis glow

okay so my birthday is coming up, ill be 18 in about 5 days or so and my parents asked what i wanted. I was thinking about a kit i found on andys auto sport. Im not trying to spam but here is the link to the page.

http://www.andysautosport.com/honda/...s00088191.html

its a 2.1 million color changing LED kit with 4 tubes, 2 for the sides and 1 for the front and the rear. I was looking at this over a single color or seven color changer because i'd want alot of adjustability. But the money isnt a problem, i live in Arizona, Maricopa county to be more specific. And all the cops i talked to sad any chassis glow or "undercarriage" glow in the state of AZ is illegal and youll be ticketed with it unless your on private property. The way i interpeted the law was that it was legal to have amber or white but the way the cops interpet it is that your lights already included with the car fit that role, which is white up front, amber in the rear. No lights are allowed on the sides of the car at all.

But are there any other AZ guys out there that can give me some info on if you've got pulled over? And from everyone else. Would you guys buy chassis glow eventhough its illegal?

Eric.

Old 08-27-2007, 02:57 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: chassis glow

wow... that's REALLY expensive for what it is... anyways, don't turn them on when your driving. just do it in parking lots and you'll be cool

Old 08-28-2007, 12:12 AM
HCF Member

yeah i checked out oznium and im gonna go with them instead. Heard great things and their kits are much better looker and better prices aswell. Any other opions guys and gals?

Thanks, Eric.

Old 08-28-2007, 03:16 PM

LOVE underbodies . Only hit the switch when you are parked, or when the chickie babes are around AFTER a 360 degree cop scan but.

Old 08-31-2007, 02:24 PM
HCF Member

It looks real nice, but it is illegal. I used to turn them on and keep a good lookout for cops.

Old 09-03-2007, 10:36 AM
HCF Member

Yeah. I had mine on the other day and didn't know. Theres so much green glow coming form everyinch of my car i couldn't really tell, I drove for liek 4 miles through town with it on. I guess I was lucky The po pos didn't see.

Old 09-03-2007, 11:56 AM
Recognized HCF Member

i love it how its not illegal here in indiana yet... hahahha

but with any lights you add just hide the bulbs and it will look sweet! but if ya dont hide the bulbs it just looks rice...

Old 09-03-2007, 12:47 PM
HCF Member

thanks guys

Eric.

Old 09-05-2007, 08:28 AM
HCF Member

thats funny that its illegal... i don't see why? what does it do besides destract other drivers? lol I live in ohio and you see it all the time.. in fact i have StreetGlow blue neons under my car.

Old 09-05-2007, 01:28 PM
Recognized HCF Member

well here in indiana LAST TIME I HEARD... as long as the bulb are hidden and JUST the light output is visable its fine...

BUT if the bulbs are visable THEN they can ticket ya... but then again its been awhile since ive asked BUT i used to rock mine all the tiem with no problems... only had 1 cop ever say something about them and he was a prik just LOOKING FOR SOMETHING... but couldnt come up with anything besides saying my lights where to bright and illegal and said i had to turn them off...... WELL I TURNED THEM OFF... drove a few blocks... and fliped em back on!
so far with my civic i havent had any issues. but i havent rocked them in awhile cause all my side lights are busted and my front strip was yanked off from last winter and a snow bank and ive just soldered them back up but havent instaled them back on yet. but i wont rock them ON until i get all new side lights..

Quick Reply: chassis glow