Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Capacitor Hookup Help

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2008, 05:34 PM
Recognized HCF Member

another cable? why.... you simply connect to your main amplifier wire in the back.... and put a ground where ever you want in the rear

Old 11-22-2008, 05:35 PM
HCF Member

I do want to add to this. If you had a capacitor, would you use it? I ask because my cousin gave me one and although I don't really need it, I was thinking about hooking it up anyway. Feel free to discuss

Old 11-22-2008, 06:21 PM
Recognized HCF Member

not me.... i dont need it i got all 3 upgrades done and i have no voltage problems anymore!

Old 11-22-2008, 08:23 PM
HCF Member

I was thinking of putting it in there and using it for purely BS reasons.... Tell the n00bs that my system hits harder than theirs because of the capacitor.

With regards to voltage issues, neither of my vehicles have voltage problems.

Old 11-23-2008, 04:01 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by addiction2bass
another cable? why.... you simply connect to your main amplifier wire in the back.... and put a ground where ever you want in the rear
and it charges how?

Old 11-23-2008, 05:19 PM
Recognized HCF Member

what? how you think the battery charges? with a wire from the alternator.... same way your amplifier gets power in the rear... thats why you simply T the power wire off in the rear to connect to the 2nd battery. you simply wire them together..
your not always pulling full power when your amplifier is on... and i now some people say the amplifier will pull all the power from the one battery and it wont charge... but if your using the same amount of power with twice the reserve battery power with 2 batteries connected together. dont expect to put a massive power draw and not have your batteries stay charged still.LOL but for minor dimming with occasional bumping will work great.
like always i highly suggest upgrading the alternator and ground wires to solve the main problem.

Old 11-24-2008, 08:54 AM
HCF Member

Let me add to this. If you add dual batteries, isn't it recommended that you go with batteries of the same type? I know my Kinetik HC 1400 holds a higher voltage charge than the aftermarket battery did in my Civic. If I had paralleled the Kinetik with the existing battery, I would have been concerned with the batteries discharging one another to equalize out to the same voltage level.

Old 11-24-2008, 11:08 AM
Recognized HCF Member

yes if you use 2 batteries they need to be the same battery and preferably same age....

Old 11-24-2008, 10:00 PM
HCF Member

im not going to go into it.... but there are much better ways to add a second battery... that may work and be simple.... but i cant imagine it being nearly as safe or as efficient.

Old 11-25-2008, 11:01 AM
Recognized HCF Member

thats why i said to fuse both batteries..... if your ghetto and dont fuse the power wires than well ill get the weenies and sticks ready because eventually there will be a bon fire going!!!!
i thought i said that in previous posts at least.... i always highly recommend using fuses when adding anything. a 1$ fuse can save your whole vehicle and everything in and on it! its truely cheap insurnace!

but efficient.... what you mean not as efficient? j/w the power is coming from the same alternator wire most of the time until your alternator can not power the accessories any more and then your amplifier pulls power from the batteries.
its basicaly like droping in a BIG @SS BATTERY you see those monster semi batteries i was going to slap 2 of them in my old truck but before i bought them i bought a custom wound high power alternator from local alternator/starter shop that my dads bought from for over 20years. cost me about 250bucks but i believe it put out a max power of like 450amps which was MORE than enough for my truck and 2500watt rms orion amplifier.

a dual battery setup is only for some cheap and temporary solution for minor dimming or for people that like to bump with there motors not running in a parking lot or where ever...
you can use a isolator on a dual battery system to seperate your main battery from your accessory battery that way if you do drain the one battery you just flick the switch and your main battery has enough juice to start the vehicle still. but ive never used a isolator... i think common sense when bumping with the motor off owns isolators.LOL

Quick Reply: Capacitor Hookup Help