Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Bought a new GPS unit...

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2007, 04:54 PM
HCF Member
Default Bought a new GPS unit...

Got my spending cap on last week and decided to browse around at some GPS units. I have been wanting to add a portable device to my collection of car electronics forever, so I thought I would check out some stores, and play around with stuff.

I hit best buy and they had a pretty decent selection. Garmin, Navman, Alpine, Pioneer and others. But the one that caught my eye, probably becasue of the little commercials, was the TomTom.

I played around with it at BestBuy for a few minutes, looked pretty solid. The "one" is the model I was checking out, 200 bucks right now, down from 500 when they came out last year. I loved it, it's simple, neat, and easy to operate. It will take you someplace, or just chill and show you where you are, and how fast your going, even if your gonna hit traffic and stuff *optional upgrade*, but I just thought I would see if anyone else has one, or has tried it.

I am in love with this thing, it's cool learning roads I never knew the name to, and otherwise figuring out where I am going. It's only a 3.5" screen, but its easy to see everything, and bright, even has a nightlight feature. Locates hotels, places to eat, even attractions, all over the US and canada, right out of the box, no subscriptions needed.

Thought I would toss that out there, for anyone who's looking for a little GPS that doesn't want to lay 500 bucks down on one. The Tom Tom One, is a nice little unit. I am gonna drive all weekend to see where it takes me, ha ha.

You can check it out at tomtom.com or pretty much any retailer. It's probably going to be my christmas present of choice this year, ha ha.

Laters!

Stuey