Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Best Sounding subs

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2005, 10:11 PM
Default Best Sounding subs

Hey,

Well ive read alot but really I want user experience opinions. What are your favorit subs? I was at a car audio only store today and the guy really pushed a few different things. For a low end buget he said the Clarion or JL subs. He said one of the highest end for decks and subs was kenwood. What would you guys suggest? The kenwood where really nice but there also not cheap.

Thanks
Jeff

Old 10-08-2005, 10:12 PM
Default RE: Best Sounding subs

rockfords for amps and speakers
alpine for decks

Old 10-08-2005, 10:14 PM
HCF Member

hehe... I dont think I even should tell you.

Old 10-08-2005, 10:19 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Xoopiter

He said one of the highest end for decks and subs was kenwood.

He should be fired. Subs are different thou, some are made for SQ (sound quality) and some are made for SPL (sound pressure level, basicaly insane bass).......if u want a good SQ sub that can slam at the same time.....id go with some eclipse, or infinty, or focal (real expensive thou) JL makes some pretty good subs. JBL does too.......but remember, good quality has its price. A 50$ sub from Infinity wont sound anywhere near a 200$ sub from infinity. You need to set a goal.......SPL or SQ....how much power u want to run.......price u can handle? etc

Old 10-08-2005, 10:24 PM
HCF Member

Some SQ slammers: A/D/S , Peerless, Morel, Dynavox.

Old 10-08-2005, 10:39 PM

Infinity, great SQ and can still pound.

Old 10-08-2005, 11:29 PM

Yup. I'd go with Infinity that's what I've got. I think Rockford is also good SQ.

Old 10-09-2005, 12:27 AM

ORIGINAL: remington870_20ga

Some SQ slammers: A/D/S , Peerless, Morel, Dynavox.
Obviously you have a taste for the finer sounding things in life

Quality costs, ^^^ and those sounds phenominal along with Focal, CDT, and Diamonds higher end

Old 10-09-2005, 01:21 AM

The JL's are nice, BUT, I would go with the Diamond. It has pretty good power handling (it's dual voice coil) and it has a rubber suspension. It is comparable to the JL W3. I was EXTREMELY impressed with this sub!!! The downfall to the JL's is that they all have a foam suspension, which deteriorates whereas rubber is good stuff. I know the higher end infinity's are good too...

I personally have a Pioneer Premier deck which I really happen to like. The CD player is awesome and the whole deck is user friendly and highly tunable. From my little experience with other decks, I also like the Eclipse and high end Alpine decks. For speakers, I'm saving my $$$ for some Focal component speakers, and I'm going to be running Kenwood Excelon amps. I know that there are many other choices for amps out there, but for their crossover, boost freq. and other various features I'm choosing those over the others. (plus I'm only running one Diamond 10 inch sub though it is 400watts RMS, so I'm running a bridged 2 channel for it at 250watts RMS per channel, so it should be able to handle it just fine) I'm going for SQ more than SPL so I only need one, but if you turn it up that Diamond can HIT and rattle the mirrors off!

Old 10-09-2005, 01:40 AM

Thats why JL's flagship subwoofer line and arguably the best subwoofer ever to be developed uses a treated-foam surround

Quick Reply: Best Sounding subs