Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Best Amp and Subs for the money NEED HELP!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2008, 09:28 AM
HCF Member
Default Best Amp and Subs for the money NEED HELP!!

hi guys i really wanna know what are the best subs and amp i can get for a certain amount of money!!

I want an amp that can run 2 subs.. and i want it to be under $100

and i want 2 12" subs that are under $60 each

WHAT IS A GOOD SETUP FOR THAT PRICE???

PLEASE HELPP!!

Oh and what are some good wires that arent madd Money

Old 02-03-2008, 09:33 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: Best Amp and Subs for the money NEED HELP!!

you won't find a amp that can run two subs for under a $100 unless its used, and u wont find good subs under $60 unless they are used. If you got some extra cash kickin around and want a good system invest a bit more u'll regret it in the long run by not spending a bit more, and ull probably be upgrading and spending more in the long run.

Old 02-03-2008, 09:48 AM
HCF Member

alright well then.. haha.. best 2 channel amp for cheap.. and best 12" subs for cheap.. lets hear it!

Old 02-03-2008, 07:06 PM
HCF Member

If you're wanting to install an amplifier and subwoofers then you need to seriously consider adjusting yourspending amount.
A good 2-channel amp will run you quite a bit above $100, same with subwoofers.
Remember, the cheaper you spend usually means the cheaper quality. And if you're going to be putting such components in your car, you might as well get good quality products. When doing that you also need to consider what you are looking for.
Sound quality or bass.
Speaker wires don't run that expensive and neither do the power &groundcables.
It just seems like you're one of the guys that wants whatever in their car.
Heck, if that's the case then just go to bestbuy and get one of those kits that comes with the amp,cables, subs, and whatever.
If you really want to know what you're doing then read up. Do some research; learn more about amplifier-subwoofer compatability, ohm, watts, etc.
That's how alot of people got where they are now, they did research and then figured out what would work best and what they could really afford.

Old 02-03-2008, 07:11 PM
HCF Member

haha, honestly i've seen people actually buy those kits, and im thinkin in my head wow i can't believe people are that stupid spending $300 for CRAP..but yah spend a bit more, if u really want to go for under a hundred then go to bestbuy and those INSIGNIA amps for like $99 lol and INSIGNIA subs for probably $60...and in about 2 days ull be crying wanting to return them cuz they SUCK

Old 02-03-2008, 07:24 PM
HCF Member

i think insignia would be a decent choice for budget knock. deffinatly nothing to shake your house with but a decent addition to a sound system. ive had them personally but chose to change them out for something louder. for on the cheap i would recommend searching overstock.com

Old 02-03-2008, 09:00 PM
HCF Member

i would not recommend Insignia to anyone, i used to work at bestbuy and have seen nothing but returns on their products and when did they start making amps and subs like last year?, thats when i first saw them on the shelves, but everyone has their own opinion, im just saying dont cheap out because honestly you will be upgrading sooner then later.

Old 02-03-2008, 10:23 PM
HCF Member

i love my amps......i have two of these bad boys

http://item.express.ebay.com/__...

and i know every one talks crap on visonik...but i have never ever had a problem with these amps...they work wonderful and one of them powers my two twelves perfectly..

everyone can talk crap on my twelves too...but they hit hard and sound pritty damn good imo..

i got somthign like this..not this exact pair..but somthing close

http://item.express.ebay.com/__...

i love them

Old 02-04-2008, 05:07 PM
HCF Member

psh, whoever buys those ripoff bestbuy kits just makes me laugh.
If you just look around and research everything you'll find that stuff really isn't that expensive, for the product you're getting.
And yea, I agree with stinkyonion: don't cheap out on something like that. Just save you money and get good quality equipment!

Old 02-04-2008, 06:28 PM
HCF Member

yah im deff not buying ****y stuff.. i always buy good stuff.. i wanted to know if anyone knew of any good stuff for that amount of money.. anyway.. i wanna save up and get some alpine type e' 12" subs.. and im not sure what amplifier yet

Quick Reply: Best Amp and Subs for the money NEED HELP!!