Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

bazooka tube installed and ripped off

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2007, 08:07 PM
HCF Member
Default bazooka tube installed and ripped off

ok guys well i bought a 10 inch bazooka amplified bass tube of the internet for $220, excellent bass for the price, anyway i wasnt sure how to install it and i got a shop to install it for me, they said theyll do it for $50, so i said ok and i kept asking are u guys sure u know how to install tubes with built in amps, they kept saying yes and saying we are professionals, so i was watching them and they couldnt get the sub to work and they said it was broken, i was like theirs no way it was broken its brand new of the internet, so i asked them if the fuse was blown, they said theirs no possible way they blew the fuse inside the sub, then i asked for a refund, they refused to refund it they said they already took time and used their wiring and the manager refused to refund it.... so me and my bro opened up the basetube, guess what the fuse was blown and they forgot to connect a wire......... so me and my bro got it to work, i was sooo happy that day but then i rememberd how i got ripped off [:@], so i went back to the store thenext day and argued that to the manager that he and his employees said it was broken when it wasnt, i argued with him for about 20 minutes and then he decided to give me$35 back, so i took it flipped him the bird and left =), end of story i learned my lesson........ dont go to the projects to get ur **** put in lol

Old 01-10-2007, 12:06 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: bazooka tube installed and ripped off

Sounds similar to what happened to me. A friend of mine had a stereo from an old car and he lost the plug for it. He went to a local store to buy a new plug for it, then brought it to me to install. He'd taken the stereo into the store and they told him it was the EXACT plug for that stereo. I wired it all up, tested to make sure it was getting proper voltages. Everything checked out according to the wiring diagram for the plug. I plugged it in, turned on the car, heard a fizz, and smoke started pouring out the dash. A quick internet search later revealed that they had indeed sold him the wrong plug, and it had shorted around 14v across the left and right speaker outputs on the deck, frying it. Long story short, the store refuses to refund him for the plug or the deck which was fried because of them and his parents threatened legal action if I don't buy him a new deck. What fun.

Old 01-10-2007, 09:24 PM
HCF Member

wow, that store gave the wrong part and caused his deck to burn up, its their job to replace it

Old 01-10-2007, 10:53 PM
HCF Member

Dont go to a shop that isnt known for their good work. Second, do it yourself. It only takes a retard to install a sub.

Old 01-10-2007, 10:58 PM
HCF Member

i installed a complete system on my eg civic cx when i first got it on a hot NC summer day. i'll never do that chit again. lol

i had to install EVERYTHING, even the damm OEM antenna because it didnt come with one. what fun...

kenwood everything, amp, subs, blah, blah, blah. a year later someone steals it all...

Old 01-10-2007, 11:06 PM
HCF Member

well that sucks...but atleast its workin and the people didnt send you something that REALLY didnt work.