Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Bazooka Subwoofers

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2005, 12:04 AM
Default Bazooka Subwoofers

I'm looking to get an 8" bazooka zub with built in amp. Now i have a few questions:
1. mounting: Where is a good place to mount your sub. I have a 95 civic sedan dx the trunk compartment has that flimsy cardboard stuff for a floor. I wouldn't mounti it there either. where could i mount it as I carry 2-4 people almost daily. as well as i stick my bike in the rear seat and it's already hard to do that. where can i mount it securely. dont want it sliding around.
2. experience: anybody had any problems with this brand/model, my uncle has one in his '05 F-150 and that bumps. He's had it for about 5 years now and it still goes nice.
3. RATTLING: I'm 99.9% sure that any honda is bound to have this problem with a lot of bass. Even with the system I have in there now, JBL's 6.5's in front and 9x6's in the rear (I used to have a 93 lincoln continental and that was an awesome system so i "swapped" them. With the volume up pretty good, I can hear some rattling both inside the car with the doors closed and outside the car. When I'm outside the car with the door closed. i hear rattling coming from within, like the internals of the door rattling. how can I solve the rattling inside of the door itself? also the door lock on the inside rattle sould i just stick some of the soft part of the velcro on the back side to stop that?
Thanks for all you help in advance.

Old 02-07-2005, 12:39 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: Bazooka Subwoofers

only one of those ?'s needs to be answered..bazooka is the lowest quality audio company out there. wast of money.anyone in the car audio bizz wont be able to look at it without their eyes burning..

when you do get a sub tho. mounting it off to the side is gonna be ur best but if u still need space.

Old 02-07-2005, 12:45 AM

In this same group there is a post titled "trunk rattle" check that out lots of good info.

Old 02-07-2005, 10:01 AM
HCF Member

Ya, Ive heard those thing many times.... its almost a scam. With the ratling, your going to need some peel and stick aluminum rubber compound, like dynomat, or something like it. Not only will it stop rattle, it will actually quiet your ride a little bit and improve sound up to
3 db! Its a big difference.

Old 02-07-2005, 12:22 PM

ORIGINAL: DCAcivic

only one of those ?'s needs to be answered..bazooka is the lowest quality audio company out there. wast of money.anyone in the car audio bizz wont be able to look at it without their eyes burning..

when you do get a sub tho. mounting it off to the side is gonna be ur best but if u still need space.
So they're a piece of **** huh? i didn't want to invest any money in my system but now i just want some bass. i don't want a 500$ sub that takes up a ****load of space. just something that can get me some decent bas that bumps pretty well. is it really a piece of ****? i'm surprised, i've head nothing, but good from my uncle. oh well what would be a decent sub with an decent price?
Thanks

Old 02-07-2005, 01:31 PM
HCF Member

Mario, you would really like the Infinity Bass Link. They sound really good. You might want to try 2 if you really need serious bass. They take up under a cubic foot of space.

Old 02-07-2005, 05:10 PM
HCF Member

bass links a good idea.. takes up VERY little space and its a really decent system. if u want an actual sub and seperate amp. you can get a directed audio sub for 80 $..very good for the money..

Old 02-08-2005, 08:47 AM
HCF Member

Here is a link on ebay for some, they come in either black or clear. But take my advice... dont buy used electronics from ebay. Buy one that says something like this: "Brand new factory sealed". somethign in that line.

http://search.ebay.com/infinity-bass...trypageZsearch

Old 02-08-2005, 10:26 PM

i'm looking for something with an amp built in if possible. i' don't really know too much about audio, but how much could it cost to install and set up.... Thanks

Old 02-09-2005, 02:03 PM
HCF Member

You can get all your components together and have any car audio place install them, also you can have circuit city do the install as well. Here in Michigan, ciruit city charges $70 for installation. However, Im not positive if you have to buy some thing from them or not to get that rate, personally I bought a box from them.

Quick Reply: Bazooka Subwoofers