Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Basslink Installation!

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2005, 03:02 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Basslink Installation!

ORIGINAL: steven10

thanks a lot!... ok.. i have all my wires... my basslink... and the remote for my basslink... WHAT NEXT!????????? hahaha im exciteddddddd

You need a drill and self tapping screws also, im pming you right now for my number if you would like live step by step help, you lucky bastard... I never got that kind of help[] but I like helping. Feel free to call buddy.

Old 08-31-2005, 08:25 PM
mxs
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: remington870_20ga

Line Level a.k.a. "High Pass" is what you are refering to "Speaker Level Input" .
omg, that makes my brain hurt!

Where I come from, in the land of live audio, this is the deal:
a line level signal is used to interconnect pieces of audio processing equipment -- mixers, EQs, compressors, etc -- everything puts out and expects to receive a line level signal. Amplifiers take the line level signal and increase it to a speaker level signal. Obviously you can't use a line level signal to drive a speaker because it is not powerful enough. And you can't send an amplified (speaker level) signal into something that is expecting a line level signal, because it will be too powerful. In the case of our friend Steven here, the RCA inputs on his Basslink are expecting a line level, unamplified signal (because it will go through some signal processing and then into the internal amp). He can plug a speaker level, amplified signal into the "universal interface" jacks which, presumably, convert the signal back down to line level before processing and then re-amplifying it. And in this case, I think the Basslink is agreeing with me on the terminology, and not with Remington, because the specs say
Input Sensitivity:
50mV – 4V Line-Level Input
1V – 16V Universal Interface
so the line level inputs want to see a lower level signal, and the Universal Interface inputs want to see a higher level signal.

Also, regarding high pass and low pass: I have only heard these terms used in regards to high pass filters and low pass filters, which cut out the low frequencies and high frequencies (respectively) of audio signals.

I didn't think you were trying to pick a fight! [sm=itsok.gif]

edit: Remington, I figure you knew this already (even though the terminology is different for whatever reason) but I wanted to give the long explanation for anyone else who might be reading this

Old 08-31-2005, 09:27 PM

i was wondering which method sounds better? i heard i can splice the wires and do a connection into the basslink OR splice wires into a line level thing and then connect as RCA's?... will the quality difference be noticable? which ones bETTER?!!?!?!?!?!?

Old 08-31-2005, 09:44 PM
mxs
HCF Member

I would think that the line level converter inside the Basslink should be trustworthy.

Old 08-31-2005, 10:00 PM

so i should just splice and insert correcT??

Old 08-31-2005, 10:18 PM
mxs
HCF Member

Basically. I'm sure Remy will give you details iff you call him, I've never done an installation like that before.

Do you have the "universal interface" wiring harness? I bought my Basslink used and it did not come with one. Just wondering what it looks like.

Old 08-31-2005, 10:22 PM
mxs
HCF Member

you need to get power back there too! unless you have done that already

Old 08-31-2005, 11:29 PM

no actually i havnt done anything yet! hahah im just tryin to sort erverything out so i can do it faster and actually know what im doing when i do it

Old 09-01-2005, 08:21 AM
HCF Member

Steve, cutting up patch cables (aka RCA plugs) and splicing them with wire is sorta ghetto. Now the high pass inputs should be fine... has been with me.

Old 09-01-2005, 10:31 PM

keep us updated

Quick Reply: Basslink Installation!