Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Basslink Installation!

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2005, 05:30 PM
mxs
HCF Member
Default RE: Basslink Installation!

ORIGINAL: remington870_20ga

Yea, the basslink does have a converter. Its a little term called "LINE LEVEL INPUTS". Thus, you dont need an external converter since it already has one. Another bonus is that the amp on the basslink wont need a remote wire going to the head unit to tell the amp when to turn on and off. It detects sound automatically : ) .
But wait... you don't plug a speaker-level signal into a line-level input.
The Basslink does have speaker-level inputs, so if all you have to work with is an amplified signal, then you need to use the speaker-level inputs.

This is from the Basslink owner's manual which you can find here if you don't have it: http://manuals.harman.com/INF/CAR/Ow...sLink%20om.pdf
Head units with four speaker-level outputs: Connect the four speaker-level outputs from the head unit to the four Universal Interface inputs on BassLink.

Old 08-30-2005, 05:42 PM

oh man... in noob terms plzzzz

Old 08-30-2005, 06:07 PM

damn here it is a formal i'm sorry goes out to steven for me being a jackass a few post up

Yea, the basslink does have a converter. Its a little term called "LINE LEVEL INPUTS". Thus, you dont need an external converter since it already has one. Another bonus is that the amp on the basslink wont need a remote wire going to the head unit to tell the amp when to turn on and off. It detects sound automatically : ) .

Old 08-30-2005, 06:13 PM

its cool dude...just help meee outttt ahahahah =]

Old 08-30-2005, 06:40 PM

my amp has all the line inputws too but the guys a circuit city couldn't do my install untill i bought the peice and then he told me that he was just gonna splice wires and if he was me he wouldn't pay 65 bucks for it so i pulled a DIY
ORIGINAL: steven10

its cool dude...just help meee outttt ahahahah =]

Old 08-30-2005, 06:51 PM

thats what im sayin.. i dunt knwo how to splice wires... or anything like that.. connect to power etc... if u show me i can do it... i can install headunits and speakers.. so i think i can do this too.. i just need a lil tutorial

Old 08-31-2005, 08:27 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: mxs

But wait... you don't plug a speaker-level signal into a line-level input.
The Basslink does have speaker-level inputs, so if all you have to work with is an amplified signal, then you need to use the speaker-level inputs.

This is from the Basslink owner's manual which you can find here if you don't have it: http://manuals.harman.com/INF/CAR/Ow...sLink%20om.pdf
Head units with four speaker-level outputs: Connect the four speaker-level outputs from the head unit to the four Universal Interface inputs on BassLink.
I have to strongly dissagree there. What you just said complelty eliminates the entire point of the line level input. What would it be used for other wise? Its called "high pass" on most amps. It is designed to regulate the flucuating watts for the amp to a constant state. IT IS SPECIFICALLY DESIGNED FOR SPLICING FROM/ OFF OF SPEAKERS. This can be a life saver for those who are leasing vehicles

And yes, steve, I will be more than happy to help ya out. Ill walk you through it.

Before you start, youre going to need

butt connectors, some 16 guage speaker wire. And some stipper/ crimpers (some even come with a few butt connectors) . Oh yea, dont forget your screwdriver.

Old 08-31-2005, 01:11 PM
mxs
HCF Member

I have to strongly dissagree there. What you just said complelty eliminates the entire point of the line level input. What would it be used for other wise? Its called "high pass" on most amps. It is designed to regulate the flucuating watts for the amp to a constant state. IT IS SPECIFICALLY DESIGNED FOR SPLICING FROM/ OFF OF SPEAKERS. This can be a life saver for those who are leasing vehicles

I'm saying that you plug a line level signal into a line level input
And you plug a speaker level signal into the speaker level input.

Which part do you disagree with?

Unless car audio terminology is vastly different from live audio terminology, I don't think I'm way off base here... not trying to pick a fight or anything

Old 08-31-2005, 01:42 PM

thanks a lot!... ok.. i have all my wires... my basslink... and the remote for my basslink... WHAT NEXT!????????? hahaha im exciteddddddd

Old 08-31-2005, 03:01 PM
HCF Member

I'm saying that you plug a line level signal into a line level input
And you plug a speaker level signal into the speaker level input.

Which part do you disagree with?

Unless car audio terminology is vastly different from live audio terminology, I don't think I'm way off base here... not trying to pick a fight or anything

I think you are referring "line level" input as "Low Pass" a.k.a. RCA inputs

Line Level a.k.a. "High Pass" is what you are refering to "Speaker Level Input" .

So I think terminolgies differ a little bit but I couldnt really say for live audio because it is a complelty different animal.

No fights trying to be picked , geez... do I really bite that hard? I didnt mean to if I did.

Quick Reply: Basslink Installation!