Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

bass tubes, which one??

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2007, 02:56 PM
HCF Member
Default bass tubes, which one??

ok so i have been wanting to get a sub/subs for my civic, my friend has 2 10" kicker subs and it makes his civic sag in the back LMAO i dont want that, so i was thinking bass tubes like 100watt 8" bazooka tube?

the two kids i know with good systems including the civic, they are way too much for me to handle i really dont want my head to rattle when im driving or my hair to move from the air being pushed around lol...so i thought a tube would be the best way to go to get that little something im missing...

what one you guys think is good, and for fairly cheap

Old 12-19-2007, 05:08 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: bass tubes, which one??

i got a 50 dollar visonik sub, just for a lil bass.

Old 12-19-2007, 11:22 AM
HCF Member

I personally dont like those powered subs at all. If something goes wrong with the amp inside it your SOL.

I have a little decent jbl 10inch in a non ported qlogic box and its pretty nice and not to crazy. Im nost sure how much watts im pushing to it since i dont know what my amp outputs but its good enough for me.

Its like a 2-300watt sub and i think im pusinhg like maybee 150-200 watts to it and its good. I want to get a 12 inch with a little more punch to it but i kinda do like bass and such.

Truthfully sounds like you would be good with a nice 10inch and a 200 watt amp for bass.

Do you have the rest of your inside speakers replaced? If so are the amped as well?

Old 12-19-2007, 12:20 PM
HCF Member

Yeah...I've never had any luck with a powered sub...tried a couple...wasnt impressed. You can get a decent 12" sub in a sealed box pushing around the same amount of power mentioned above and it will do everything you need it to. Thats what I'm running..and it can get loud if needed but for most of what I listen too it just adds nice clean bass. Its not heavy at all, there's no sag from the rear of my car. And it's small enough it doesnt take up much trunk space.

Old 12-19-2007, 12:26 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: BX_Civic

Do you have the rest of your inside speakers replaced? If so are the amped as well?
I got kicker speakers all the way around cause it didnt have any in the front when i bought it so i replace all of them, No they are no Amped, the dude at circuit city said i would need to to get the most of them but yeah im strapped for cash

Old 12-19-2007, 12:34 PM
HCF Member

If you got new speakers all around and there not amped they may sound much better amped.

That may actually be enough for you if you dont want any crazy bass.

But as stated above one 10 or 12 inch sub that not to creazy 150-300watts with a comprable amp should be more than enough.

If you live in SI and need some help let me know im in the BX and if you come meet me out here ill help run the power lines and ****, i did my own music and its pretty easy.

Old 12-19-2007, 12:37 PM
HCF Member

nah im on Long Island not stinky island lol, but yeah what would a good amp be for the 4 speakers?

Old 12-19-2007, 12:50 PM
HCF Member

i've had an 8" Kenwood tube for 4 years, and i bought it used from a friend, and he bought it used from his friend, so it's about 5 maybe 6 years old, and that thing doesn't want to die... it doesn't have the power of a 10" or a 12" but it gets the job done for me

Old 12-19-2007, 09:42 PM
HCF Member

i see sm fellow new yorkers where from the bronx are you.... im from soundview

Old 12-20-2007, 04:35 AM
HCF Member

Tan:

im from co-op city

Strong Island:

Ok cool i thought SI for some reason but i get the LI part now.

Im no music master but if you go with something name brand that's matched nicely to your speakers RMS you should be fine.

Quick Reply: bass tubes, which one??