Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Bangin Civic..?

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2007, 07:38 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Bangin Civic..?

everything looks easy when someone else does it. haha. especially someone who knows what theyre doing. lol

Old 05-21-2007, 01:37 AM
Recognized HCF Member

just remember.... only way to learn is to try it........

dont worry about messen up so much.... its the best way to learn... do alittle research on how to build a box, go from the manufactures specs for your subwoofer... calculate all the box space ya need or have and just start building... your not gonna build the best boxes the first time not even your 6th time.LOL but they will get BETER AND BETER with each box.. and with building any kinda of custom box.... always keep test fiting it while building it! dont assume it will still fit BE SURE! just cause it will fit inside the trunk... doesnt mean you can get it INSIDE THE TRUNK OPENING>LOL

Old 05-21-2007, 06:32 AM

Yea, i know it's not the loudest around, but i'm pretty damn sure i have the potential with the speakers i have... If i only had amore powerfulamp... These subs can push 1000 watts rms each with the dual 2-ohm voice coils. 3000 watts each max. I am only pushing 500 watts to each sub right now, and its insanely loud. Loud enough to make the flame of my lighter go out when i try to light my cigarette. I'll get some pics up here. But i mean ****, for only being 17 and having a system that is rated at over $2000, i must be doing something right. But yeah, ill get some pics up here, and ill post prices for everything i own, just for comparison purposes. A buddy of mine might be selling me a 1200 Phoenix Gold amp, so i might run that to one speaker and have the two rockfords push the other sub, but im not sure yet... I still have to plan out what i need to do. If i plan on switching to thicker wire, i'm literally going to have to tear out the whole interior to get to everything...

Old 05-21-2007, 10:39 AM
Recognized HCF Member

newbie bass addict...

and if you paid over 2K bucks... then you paid retail.LOL

and do yourself a favor and instead of running two amps run just one to the subs...
cause if the subs are in the same box then the amps could be making the subs fight each other...
and UNLESS you have a true pro setup the amps settings they wont match perfectly with 2 amps powering 2 subs in the same box... but if your subs are in different boxes or the box has a middle divider you wouldnt hear a difference..

Old 05-22-2007, 06:37 AM

Hey addiction2bass, i have this box and these subs. If im running separate amps to each sub, explain to me what u mean exactly...

Box:
http://img.shopping.com/cctool/PrdIm...4/30831204.JPG

Subs:
http://www.recommendedbuys.com/elect...s-w3002spl.htm

The subs face outwards in the box, so the magnets are back to back. (One sub faces left in the box and one sub faces right)

Old 05-22-2007, 07:52 AM
Recognized HCF Member

o man couldnt resist posting this stupidness!!!!!
Reviewed by You know my name on 06-26-2006
i have 3 of these beasts in my s-dime and i cranked it one day and blew out all my windows and i am now 89% deaf in my left ear and 69% deaf in my right ear.
Rating:
LMFAO what a newbie i bet he doesnt even have 1 of these subs.LOL or someone at night came by and busted out all his windows cause he is an @ss and he swore his stereo did it to his friends that where stupid enough to believe it. LMFAO

well if that box was not designed for those subs then most likely your hurting your bass output over anything... most bandpass boxes are VERY specific in what subs they are for.. or they just dont work that great. which is why most places sell sealed boxes different sizes or ported boxes different sizes...
if ya cannt build your own box then id say buy a proper recomended box for that sub..
http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pn...076561,00.html

now i dont see a ported recomendation size so cannt realy help ya out with a ported encloser if you could build your own... it might be in your manual if ya still got one..

but see with 2 subwoofers one on each amplifier and being in the same box.... well even tho you THINK the settings on the amplifiers are the same... thats never accurate... dials are always off alittle and unless the amplifiers where set with a DIMM then you dont know and even then some fequencies are off or bass boost is off... and well im sure ya got that turned on dont lie......LOL

and ok quick way to explain it is one subwoofer pushing on another.... which ever is pushen harder will make the other sub struggle... thats 2 different vibrations going at it the whole time since they are fighting each other its not gonna sound as good as they could.....

tho its kinda hard to recomend a encloser when thier box specs are so all over the board.... Recommended Enclosure - 0.85 - 1.75 Cubic Feet is a HUGE DIFFERENCE...... it should say a specific number for sealed box and specific number for ported box....

check your manual or go download it... i dont feel like going thru the hassle of setting up a account thru pioneer myself...
http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pn...689560,00.html
http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pn...888139,00.html