Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Audiobahn or Kicker?

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2007, 07:51 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Audiobahn or Kicker?

Not to offend anyone, because I know its worldwide, but the only place around here you can get Audiobahn stuff is at the wholesale and pawn shops, they are authorized dealers???

If that says anything to their stuff. I wouldn't buy it, I know that.

Anyway, I have pioneers in my back deck, and I am throwing some Alpine type S 6.5's in my front sometime this summer. The type S because they sound decent without an amp, and I get all I need out of my factory sound as it is.

I would do the kickers myself, they have been around longer, and they are for the most part, reliable. Amp them though, as suggested previously. You will enjoy them.

Old 01-26-2007, 07:57 PM
HCF Member

i keep hearing more and more about alpine comps but i really like my cdt comps and m6 mids or else i would maybe give those alpines a try....

Old 01-28-2007, 07:45 PM
HCF Member

ya, i hear a lot about alpines too. i always thought kicker/audiobahn was higher up in quality and performance and considered alpine to be similar to sony/pioneer?? i suppose i am wrong about alpine?

Old 01-28-2007, 11:02 PM

Your wrong about kicker and alpine, imo

JL and alpine pretty much rule the high-end audio world.

Most will tell you that Kicker subs are some of the hardest pounding, but dont sound quite as good as alpine or JL

I'm a Alpine guy myself, But i gotta admit.. I wanna see 1 or 2 of those kicker 18" solo x's in action... If I managed to get them for free, or the same as my Alpines, they'd definatly be replacing my Type R's..just.. because that would be f'in cool.

Btw.. I saw 2 new 10 inch type x's on ebay for 400 Buy it now, I was so pissed... so... so pissed not to mention thats a rediculus deal (I think it was a store, so if you look up Type X sub, on eBay, i think you'll still be able to find it... I'm still pissed about it.. thats as much as new Type R's.. in a store ( though i payed 200 for both new.. not the point....)

Old 01-28-2007, 11:29 PM
HCF Member

man i think your gonna get some arguments for saying jl and alpine are top of the audio high end line....there are too many higher ones to list but some arearc,seas,tru,rainbow,DLS,memphis,cdt, and for sure zapco and those are just a few but they are all for sure higher then jl and alpine.

Old 01-29-2007, 10:02 AM
HCF Member

I think that audiobahn is ok. Kicker,Infinity, alpine are really good for speakers. I have infinity kappa 3 way 250 watt speakers and i think they are awesome.

Old 01-29-2007, 12:59 PM

Ya, theres plenty of higher end audio other than JL and Alpine, but as far as high end audio is concered, they are the biggest, most well known, and most used brands (sure you can spend 700 dollars on a 10" oz sub and have it be slightly better than a type X), so while theres plenty of companies making high end stuff, I still would say that JL and Alpine rule the high end audio world.

Old 01-29-2007, 01:32 PM
HCF Member

Audiobahn has ALWAYS sounded realy good IMO

but Alpine FTW [sm=w00t.gif]

Old 01-29-2007, 02:46 PM

I've seen a 10" JL w7 totally drown out a kicker 15" L7 personally. The sound quality is unmatched. And those are two comp. level subs. Audiobahn is basically the ***** of the car audio world. They are what they are, but they're overpriced, too heavy, and just add un-needed weight to my ride. I don't want to have to disconnect and take out a 120lb SPL box every time i wanna run somebody. There's a diff. between hitting hard and making it sound good. If you want to enter competitions, pass up the JLs and by all means spend a thousand more dollars to do it. Final verdict: JL for bass, Alpine for sound, Clarion or Alpine for head units, and either Memphis, Alpine, or JL for amps. And i've seen a few good profile amps too.

Old 01-29-2007, 02:49 PM
HCF Member

i would say kenwood and eclipse over alpine and clarion for HU....alpine use to be the bomb back with the 7998,9835 and 9815 but not anymore.

Quick Reply: Audiobahn or Kicker?