Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Amp/ Subwoofer Problem.. HELP

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2008, 02:37 PM
Default Amp/ Subwoofer Problem.. HELP

Ok The Amp Is On the whole time.. but when the car is off and the key is turned one time or two times.. the subs are hitting... but when i turn the car over and on the amp is still on but the subs dont hit... i checked all the wiring and all seems fine.. i have anopther amp hooked up the the interior speaks which works fine and i even swaped the rca wire and the interior work on both but the subs just dont... although the amps are both on... any help would be sweeet thanks .. mike

Old 06-13-2008, 09:03 PM
Default RE: Amp/ Subwoofer Problem.. HELP

do you have the remote wire connected (sends signal to amps to turn them on/off with ignition)?

Old 06-13-2008, 09:52 PM
HCF Member

i checked all the wiring and all seems fine..
it's not! what do you mean the amp is on the whole time?
I am wondering the same as trustdestruction....

Old 06-15-2008, 03:44 PM

Ok the amp nevers off in between the first second turn then the start up the amp stays on just subs dont stay on... but as im driving certain times the subs come on then off... would u think thats the remote wire even tho the amp is on./.... if the amps on isnt the remote wire working?

Old 06-15-2008, 03:58 PM

could the amp have a bad ground connection? if it were loose or breaking inside the wire it could cause it to only work intermittently.

Old 06-15-2008, 04:05 PM

but the ground wouldnt effect just the subs would it... the amp doesnt go off at all

Old 06-15-2008, 04:15 PM

I just realized, if the amp's on the whole time, and when you turn the key to different spots the subs don't hit but the amp stays on, and the subs always work when the key is turned to the first or second click and then not when the car's on, then it seems your headunit is messed up.

Old 06-24-2008, 04:42 PM
HCF Member

if ur amps only work sometimes... check ur grounds..... also.... try turning ur gains lower

Old 06-25-2008, 09:19 PM
HCF Member

if you have to much power running from your amp to your subs it might go to protect mode... some amps have it some dont..... if thats wat is happening then turn down some power comin out of the amp

Old 06-26-2008, 02:04 AM

wow, i've been experiencing the same problem, as i also installed a sub and amp in my car. It is wierd. I have a Pioneer 6800mp headunit. Not sure what u have...? If you got the amp wires from walmart check the fuse holder goin to the battery....pull out the fuse and check to see if the connections inside are loose..if so get a plier and squeeze them individually to where they are tight and will hold the fuse tightly in place. Mine was loose and the fuse was not getting a good connection and the sub kept goin out and then randomly working.......This may help you a little. ...not saying this will fix your problem though because my sub is reacting the same way as yours'. But when it doesn't work after i turn on the car, i just remove the faceplate and then put it back on and it fixes the problem. Or first turn on the car then put on your faceplate and that should work too. Kinda sad that this is the way to do it specially with an expensive head unit but oh well. Let me know if it works...

Quick Reply: Amp/ Subwoofer Problem.. HELP