Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

amp mounting and adjustments

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2007, 12:33 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: amp mounting and adjustments

i mounted mine to the side of the box. no big deal. it doesnt matter where you mount it. just make sure its bolted to something so its not movin around.

Old 04-04-2007, 06:34 AM
HCF Member

Im pretty sure everyone has already touched on everything, lol, but the main thing is to mount it somewhere secure so it doesnt move around too much, and also somewhere where a little air flow can get through to help the heat sinks stop the amp from overheating[align=left] [/align]

Old 04-07-2007, 01:01 AM
HCF Member

thanks a bunch everyone.

i bought some expanding foam today and ill spray the hell outta anything that rattles tomorrow.
hopefully that will solve most of the problem.
i will, however, have to buy some silicon or something for the brake light on my spoiler, as it rattles a lot now too. oh and of course i still have to adjust my trunk. almost forgot about that one.

oh well.
yet another car project

Old 04-14-2007, 05:34 PM

Wow.

Ok, first off Type-Rs are a great subwoofer! I would reccomend getting a better box for it, that port is way to tiny.

Ok now on to your adjustments. LPF is your low-pass filter. It allows any frequencies lower than what you set it to pass through (imagine that lol). Your subsonic is very important for ported boxes. You tend to set this about 6-7hz under what your box is tuned to. Now your bass boost, is simply what that says it boosts your bass. Most people never use the bass boost. Just set your gain properly and you will have no need for it. Now to set your gain, you can do it by ear or by DMM. To do it by DMM check out JLs website they have a great tutorial for that.