Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Alpine vs MB Quart

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2005, 01:29 AM
Default Alpine vs MB Quart

Hey Just want your opinion on this one. Just had a system installed in my civic and there was a last minute switch-a-roo on me.

The installer (at a well established shop) calls me a few hours into it and tells me that without modification the Alpine 171A would not fit in my doors, so he "upgraded" me to the MB Quart DSE 216. I really dont know the difference and have to say that it does sound great but the point is there was not a change in the price.

Did I get a deal? Would you say the MB Quart switch is something you could live with?

Alpine 9851
Alpine V12 -F345
Alpine S-Type 1042D
Alpine 170A
MB Quart DSE 216 in place of the Alpine 171A

HU running the rear Coax
Amp running the components and sub

DN

Old 05-13-2005, 07:36 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: Alpine vs MB Quart

you wont miss out, im not sure how much of a deal there is in that considering u didnt post a amount. so either way you should be fine/

Old 05-13-2005, 10:23 PM

Well there was no price difference. I got the speakers for $200

It does sound gud lol

Old 05-16-2005, 11:07 AM
HCF Member

MB Quart.... Alpine is overrated most of the time. Ive never been disapointed from MB Quart, although Alpine will please me, but Ive been let down before.

Old 05-16-2005, 11:45 PM

I'm at the opposite end of the spectrum... I've been let down by MB Quart 3 times, but every time I buy something from Alpine (amps and decks so far) I've been impressed beyond my expectations. A lot of people say that Alpine has problems with reliability and breakage, but I've never seen an instance of that anywhere around where I am (I know a lot of people who still have the first generation of Alpine CD decks running strong...) In the end, though, it all comes down to what you decide. With either one, you'll probably be quite satisfied.

Old 05-17-2005, 08:16 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Kappa22

I'm at the opposite end of the spectrum... I've been let down by MB Quart 3 times, but every time I buy something from Alpine (amps and decks so far) I've been impressed beyond my expectations. A lot of people say that Alpine has problems with reliability and breakage, but I've never seen an instance of that anywhere around where I am (I know a lot of people who still have the first generation of Alpine CD decks running strong...) In the end, though, it all comes down to what you decide. With either one, you'll probably be quite satisfied.

Were you buying the Discus series of MB Quart? If so thats why you are disapointed. Also MB Quart can be really tricky to set up. If they arent powered by at least a full fledged 50 watts minimum, they will most likely sound like crap, they are what I call "Hungry Speakers". A great example of that are the first infinity Kappa speakers (the green ones), those things sucked power like an alcoholic on a friday night. But we are all at our own opinons... Thank God.