Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

alpine type x???

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2007, 12:40 AM
HCF Member
Default alpine type x???

now im not gunna lie i dont really know much about systems or whats good and whats not..

but to me this seems like a really good deal.

clickytye x

should i go for it?

1000 w RMS.. thats rediculous.. probably rattle my car apart. haha.

if i were to go with this setup.. what kind of amps would you guys suggest?

Old 02-21-2007, 09:20 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: alpine type x???

theses subs will tear your car apart, in a good way haha get one 12", and you'll be set. Carbon Fiber speakers man, and they're alpine, which can't be beat i say if you got the money, get one 12" with an Alpine Mono amp and Alpine HU. I know you probbaly just think i like Alpine, but i had an Eclipse HU with Eclipse Amp and Alpine 12", and as soon as i switched it up to an Alpine HU the sub sounded soooo much better. Cant wait to get my own Alpine Mono amp to complete it

Old 02-21-2007, 10:28 AM
HCF Member

I would invest, looks pretty nice, just need a big mono amp to push it.

I want to put a single 10 in my ole lady's car, but i can't decide what to get, Probably will end up going with a type S in a small box and a cheap amp. she won't ever listen to it anyway, I will when I am driving, lol.

I would like to get a look at those things up close.

Old 02-21-2007, 10:56 AM
HCF Member

i think you should get both....i mean why go for one and decide you should have got 2 later on down the line.... o i got one amp that came to mind that you should get that would be all you need for those subs...memphis mojo 4000...that amp would kill.

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-MEMPHIS-MCD4...QQcmdZViewItem

Old 02-21-2007, 07:08 PM
HCF Member

for a grand it better kill. haha i aint got that kinda money to drop yet. haha

i would LOVE to have those subs. 2 type x's. but i need to hold off till i get a better job cuz as of now im pretty much broke all the time.

and im not really worried about rattling my car apart.... im worried about breakin my ear drums haha. 1000w rms is rediculous. haha. i think im pushin 300w rms right now if that. and thats a little much. lol.

the only problem is.. the subs are like 450.. an amp to power them is like a grand.. then i'll need a whole new electrical setup... new alternator n wiring kit and all that jazz.

so it would be about 1500 just for the subs n amp.. about 2-300 forhigh output alt... about 100 for a good wiring kit.. probably akinetic battery or something would be a good idea... so theres about 150-200.

so the $450 'good deal' on the subs turns out to be about $2200when its all said n done. and thats 2200 more than i have. haha.

but hey. i can dream can't i? lol

Old 02-21-2007, 08:45 PM
HCF Member

The MRD-M1005 Alpine v12 Mono amp is *pretty much* made to push that speaker. That's a good setup, get that if you can....you will want to run 0 guage from battery, with 4 guage into the amp, and about a 200amp fuse.
Type X's are like JL w7's...if you wanna a sorta kinda close comparison.

It will BOOM like no other.

Oh and it will dim the CRAP out of your headlights at about half power just so you konw

Old 02-21-2007, 11:49 PM
HCF Member

mtx jackhammer. nuff said.

Old 02-22-2007, 01:14 AM
HCF Member

The Type X is a pile of **** compared to subs it is supposed to go against and the Jackhammer is typical MTX garbage that has a good advertising team behind it.

I'd take a RE SX over a Type X anyday and I'd take a W7 over both of them.

Old 02-22-2007, 01:33 AM
HCF Member

how bout the kicker solo baric L7 marty?

and about the mtx jackhammer, i've never actually heard it in person; i meant it more as a joke since is just so impractical, being that is HUGE.

Old 02-22-2007, 09:23 AM
HCF Member

The L7 is a ok sub, I am more of a SQL guy over SPL. The L7 gets damn loud with the right box and power.

Quick Reply: alpine type x???