Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Aftermarket Keyless Entry/Remote Start/Alarm

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2008, 08:12 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by addiction2bass
well ive had a remote starter on 3 seperate manual vehicles... what makes it remote start safe is YOUR HABITS and if YOUR THE ONLY ONE that gets into the car
no one ever drives my cars and i do all my own work...
and if you have any work done to the vehicle be sure to put the alarm in valet mode to be safe.

but they do have manual safe starter systems that you must go thru a certain process when getting out of your car for it to be able to start.
but anyways if your in doubt or have anyone else drive the vehicle then dont get a remote start on a manual vehicle....
what also makes remote starts on manuals safe is the new manual safety setup in all of vipers new remote start systems. basically you have to follow the following steps for it to work.

when parking the car, press the brake, pull the e-brake, release the brake. engage the remote start while the car is running. get out of the car (car has to be in neutral with e-brake on), and arm the alarm. when armed the engine will shut off. you can now use the remote start.if the alarm is ever set off or disarmed at any time the remote start will not work until the above is done all over again.

if you think about it, it guarantees that the car will ALWAYS be in neutral with the e-brake on. it is not possible to get out of a running manual car with it in any other gear than neutral. so you will have absolutely no worries about starting the car in gear, because it is physically impossible to have the car in gear and the remote start still work

Old 12-31-2008, 08:00 PM
HCF Member

if you want to know how to do one SAFELY in a manual car shoot me a pm and i'll show you how easy and reliable it is when done correctly ...... i think i might of talked about it on the forum here awhile back..... iv'e done many many of my friends and familys cars and not a single one has failed...... the best part about my way is no sequence when you want to use the remote start.... and the clutch switch is still functional