Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Advice on amp/sub

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2007, 07:16 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Advice on amp/sub

That looks like you are all ready to buy a system :-) Just need to be gentle throwing it in so you don't dammage anything.

That kit will work nice for just about any amp under 800 watts, if you go over I would drop to 6 if not 4 gauge. I run 4 gauge, but its just because that is what I have always had, and I re-use it all the time for different cars.

Good luck, can't wait to see the pics.

Old 01-18-2007, 10:37 PM
HCF Member

Thanks a lot man. I cant wait to get it... Hope i dont **** up anything trying to do it myself lol.

Old 01-19-2007, 07:55 PM
HCF Member

Just post under this, or another thread any concerns you have along the way, I am sure someone here can bail you out ! Good luck

Old 01-27-2007, 10:53 PM
HCF Member

Okay got all da stuff in and was trying to put da subwoofer and box together... but seems i either need another type of wiring or got the wrong box... I got a dual 10' box and on da each side is + n - connections and on the inside is nother wire with like port things at the end. But on my subwoofer wat looks like rca ports but they unscrew and show a hole to where u wud probaly put wires.

Old 01-28-2007, 12:32 PM
HCF Member

I have no idea of what wire I need to connect da subs to my box and da box to da amp

Old 01-28-2007, 01:22 PM
HCF Member

Those are just the real good speaker connections, you can just use a standard speaker wire to connect them to the ports on the box. Just unscrew them, put the wire in, and screw them back tight, so the wire is not loose.

Then run those wires to your box connections, and your external box connections to your amp once you get them all where you want them.

Old 01-28-2007, 01:55 PM
HCF Member

Ok but da box wire isn't jus bare wire but like something at da end of it... I guess it says its 16guage wire and some special connection for easy installation. But it wudda been easiier if it was wire instead of da metal/copper or w/e thing at da end of da wire.
Da actual wirring is jus touchin dis "conductor" so I was jus thinkin of cuttin dat piece of and strippin more wire.

Old 01-28-2007, 07:37 PM
HCF Member

Bumpage

Old 01-28-2007, 08:10 PM
HCF Member

As long as you get a good connection, I wouldn't worry about it. You can always pick up a different one at a radio shack or someplace, if you want a different type.

Old 01-30-2007, 03:53 PM
HCF Member

Now I need to drill a hole in da firewall since I can't find any where else to run it...
Any suggestions for spots? Its a basic model of 2004 honda civic

Quick Reply: Advice on amp/sub