Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

97 Civic HX stock radio

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2005, 04:35 PM
Default 97 Civic HX stock radio

I am new to the world of Honda, and so far I am very glad to be here. I have a problem that I am hoping I Can find some help with. I have a 97 HX and I reinstalled the stock unit. The problem is the guy who owned it before me CUT the plug-ins from the wiring harness. I have found on line the wiring diagram for the stereo portion of the factory radio, and it works fine. The problem I am having now is finding the source wires for the security portion of the harness. The way I wired it is there were several wires that matched the "other" radio wiring harness and I simply connected soldered these two plug wires together because I could not find a sourece wire in the harness. Can anyone verify if this is correct, or if I need to search further up the harness for a source wire. If this sounds confusing, please ask me to clarify if you think you can help me figure this out.

Thanks-Chris

Old 06-10-2005, 09:10 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: 97 Civic HX stock radio

make your life easy, go to a junk yard and clip a factory harness out of a civic (96-98). Slice the wires matching color back into the car. Then go out and get yourself a metra kit. You will save head aches for yourself and future owners of the car when its time for a new radio.