Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

96 Civic: Speakers, Subs, Amp, Radio/Center

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2009, 05:27 AM
HCF Member

what do you think too much from them would be?

Old 06-20-2009, 08:57 AM
HCF Member

Buy your stuff on ebay, way cheaper than local or crutchfield.

I would only use crutchfield as an "info" center, just finding out what works, what to look for, etc.

I'm not going to recommend any speakers, since I hardly know anything about them(I run boston acoustics in front, mb quart in back...ok?) but for a good amp I got a 2009 model hifonics zeus 5ch(powers everything, don't need separate amp for sub) for $200 shipped.

And I got my wiring at circuit city, tsunami amp kit.

Old 06-20-2009, 04:51 PM
HCF Member

Here is my 2cents. Tweeters will give you the highs such as cymbols. Midbass gives you the mid's such as voices. And subs give you the boom such as explosions or the bass line. Without one of those you will never complete the full sound and there will allways be missing something.

Id say if you don't know what you are doing have an installer do it, being one ive seen many kids (not saying you are one) come into the shop and have messed up stuff and it costs them more than if I would have done it in the first place.

And anything that has chrome on it or that you can buy from walmart is junk!

Personally I stick with brands such as Rockford Memphis Alpine JL Kenwood RE FI AQ Sundown & DD. Crutchfield is great for ordering being that they have factory warranty and they generally sell good product but you will pay for it.

To end this, one last tip, if you have it installed by a shop they will do a better job and probably cheaper if you buy it from them.

Last edited by kanarrjl; 06-20-2009 at 04:54 PM.
Old 06-20-2009, 11:15 PM
HCF Member

oh ok
ya i will probably go into a store to talk to the audio people about speakers

what does anyone recommend in the way of subs that are good but cheap?

Old 06-20-2009, 11:18 PM

Originally Posted by soccerdudejrg
what does anyone recommend in the way of subs that are good but cheap?
Alpine

I love my MA Audio subs too. Tons of people talk **** about them (most of those people have no idea what they are even talking about), but mine are GREAT. They're strongly constructed, loud, and have clear sound, I couldn't ask for anything more.

Bought an MA Audio loaded box with 2 10" subs for $130 on partsexpress.com (on sale. original price ~$200)

Old 06-21-2009, 08:21 AM
HCF Member

oh that sounds like a good deal
did you install them yourself?

Old 06-21-2009, 11:30 AM

yeah.

Old 06-21-2009, 12:55 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by inthezoneac
Buy your stuff on ebay, way cheaper than local or crutchfield.

I would only use crutchfield as an "info" center, just finding out what works, what to look for, etc.

I'm not going to recommend any speakers, since I hardly know anything about them(I run boston acoustics in front, mb quart in back...ok?) but for a good amp I got a 2009 model hifonics zeus 5ch(powers everything, don't need separate amp for sub) for $200 shipped.

And I got my wiring at circuit city, tsunami amp kit.
It's cheaper, but no warranty but don't buy from the crutchfield, go to woofersetc.com or powermaxelectronics or Soundsolutionsaudio.com

Hifonics amps (at least the d blocks) have a tendency to go into protect and never come out, especially when run at 1 ohm. Decent budget brand though

Tsunami 4 awg compared to Knu Konceptz 4 awg....the Knu is bigger and better quality (higher strand count, more flexible) so buy from knukonceptz.com

Old 06-21-2009, 03:09 PM
HCF Member

what's awg?

and what's better about those sites than crutchfield?

Old 06-22-2009, 11:54 AM
HCF Member

They're cheaper, and carry more high end gear....and middle end gear....and better low end gear lol!

awg = American Wire Gauge. like 12 awg = 12 gauge wire

Quick Reply: 96 Civic: Speakers, Subs, Amp, Radio/Center