Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

96 Civic: Speakers, Subs, Amp, Radio/Center

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2009, 07:49 PM
HCF Member

they look like nice speakers, what specifically makes these speakers great?

Old 06-18-2009, 08:33 PM
HCF Member

they're performance lol. The sensitivity is pretty good too, but mostly people have used them and like them over most other sets for the money

Old 06-18-2009, 09:06 PM
HCF Member

what does it mean to be performance speakers?

and what was so good about the amp?
because to my inexperienced eye it seemed to be weird that it was expensive and only had 400 watts
also, with the idea of only having two speakers, where would the two speakers go; in the front? or on the rear deck? or do you have to make a new opening for them?

Old 06-18-2009, 09:25 PM
HCF Member

Oops sorry....meant THEIR performance lol

The Sundown amp is BA cause it's made like a tank. Sundown amps are amazing quality, if you look at the inside of a Sundown and look at the inside of....say a sony amp, it is put together MUCH better

And what do you mean 400 watts? are you referring to the SAX100.4 or what?

If you get 6.5 components, then the 6.5 midbass driver will go in the door and the tweeter will go..wherever you feel it sounds best

Old 06-18-2009, 10:00 PM
HCF Member

do you have these particular speakers? or how do you know they perform well?

and what exactly does it mean to be put together well? and im not sure what i'm looking for, so for the amp it just looked like it had a low wattage output or something. when looking at amps, what specifications, etc are you looking for that qualify it as a good amp?

Old 06-18-2009, 10:06 PM
HCF Member

oh man, it's mostly just being around the equipment, listening to people smarter than me talk about it, stuff like that.

i actually have this:

https://www.hondacivicforum.com/foru...ad.php?t=76319

Old 06-18-2009, 11:39 PM
HCF Member

nice, well it sounds like you know a ton more than I do anyway
and your system sounds nice, I'm not quite sure about a lot of it but it sounds pretty technical and you explain it well.

but with the link you gave me for the speaker set, can you explain some of the components to me? I get the midbass, but not quite sure about the other smaller speakers such as the tweeter. Also, I noticed that as one of the specs it said the mounting depth was 3" and my speakers are supposed to be 1.8". Is there anyway to still make it work? Also does that site help very much with installation? I'm not very technical and do not know how to do things like that, if given specific directions that are doable, i could do it but otherwise not.

Old 06-19-2009, 10:48 AM
HCF Member

Thanks

components work like this. They have a midbass driver for lower frequencies, a tweeter that handles the higher frequencies, and a crossover (it keeps high frequencies from going to the midbass driver and lows from going to the tweeter)

You could definitely make it work....i did, but it requires making/buying spacer rings and mounting the speakers directly to the door.

Unless you're on a forum, then website don't really have instruction for install.

I'm not sure you want to do everything that is required to get this to work lol. Are there any car audio shops that do installs around you? The kicker to this is you really have no idea how good they are.....

Old 06-19-2009, 11:18 AM
HCF Member

ya near me there is drive-in-autosound and car toys, i know car toys installs and the other store is basically the same thing so it should

the problem would just be getting everything to work since I don't know much about the installation

Old 06-19-2009, 11:23 AM
HCF Member

Have them quote you for the install at least. If it's too much, i can tell you what i think you would need to do, and then you can decide from there

Quick Reply: 96 Civic: Speakers, Subs, Amp, Radio/Center