Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

93 civic speaker wiring

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2010, 12:38 PM
Default 93 civic speaker wiring

Hi, I just bought a 93 civic 4dr sedan and replaced the stereo and front door speakers. The car doesn't have rear speakers at all. I don't even see speaker wire either. Does Honda prewire all models and I am not finding it or am I going to have to run speaker wire to the rear? Just wondering which way to route and how hard it is to do this. Also gotta cut out for the speakers.

If anyone has experience at this, please help.

Thanks,
Mike

Old 03-16-2010, 01:16 PM
HCF Member

Yes They do come prewired. (at least Lx's do)
The speaker wire is tucked under where the 3rd break light is located at. (somewhere around there...)
open your trunk and look around there.
the cables have a funny looking plug at the end that looks nothing like a speaker plug.. lol
i believe the color of one of the cable is brown with a colored stripe. (maybe green?)

I'll take a look later and let you know if you still need help finding it.

Old 03-16-2010, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by DaOne
Yes They do come prewired. (at least Lx's do)
The speaker wire is tucked under where the 3rd break light is located at. (somewhere around there...)
open your trunk and look around there.
the cables have a funny looking plug at the end that looks nothing like a speaker plug.. lol
i believe the color of one of the cable is brown with a colored stripe. (maybe green?)

I'll take a look later and let you know if you still need help finding it.
Thanks for the fast reply! I took a look and there are alot of wires, some the colors you mentioned but I couldn't seem to find an end to them. There's not much slack and hard to get my hand up in the holes. Think I will try and remove the top cover from inside the car to expose the wiring a little better. Thanks again!

Mike